Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new Yo Kramer dilemma

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jondog, Mar 15, 2004.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I bought a cheap MusicYo Kramer Striker 422S on ebay because it had a Yamaha B1D synth pup installed. I figured I would sell the bass and put pup on my 5 string. The bass arrived today and it plays really great! It's got a thinnish neck, cool reverse headstock, and a nice red metallic finish. The action is lower than any of my other basses, w/ little to no buzz (I think this says something about my setup skills. I thought I liked medium action because I play w/ a fairly heavy touch, but I can play this bass without changing my style and I don't get the buzz I get from my self-setup basses :meh: ).

So what's the dilemma? I don't know that I want to sell this bass now because it feels so good. The problem is that I already have too many basses (this makes 9). Even if I did decide to sell it, it would have 3 screwholes in fairly obvious places on the body, so I wouldn't get very much $ for it -- it only goes for like $150 new. Also, I don't need another 4 w/ a synth pup, I really want to move this pup to my 5. I guess I could have worse problems . . . Here's a pic