1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New York Trip.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, May 2, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I just got back from Brooknam (Brooklyn), for my aunt's 80th b'day celebration. Boy, can those West Indians drink!! Anyway, of course I stopped by Mecca (Sadowsky shop). I thought Nino was a slacker, but he was actually working! I know, I'm just as shocked as you! :D I gave the guys a DVD of El Pus' Belgium gig. I was playing my Metro RV4 on that one, and it was cool seeing Roger bobbing his head to my slapping on "Place 2 Be". :cool: I played a p/j NYC 4, but didn't get to do the damn thing, because we were pressed for time. Unfortunately, the dog was sunning in the south of France, so she wasn't there. Earlier that morning, I visited the guys @ Godlyke. These guys ain't playing! I got to play ALOT of basses and prototypes. They had a cherryburst 35" scale 5 that was AMAZING!!! Cary Nordstrand did the custom p'ups for it. I think they're going to do a venture with him. Kevin was extremely gracious, and he even UPS'ed a 5'er to me. :hyper: :bassist: I'll have a studio review of it later this week.

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Cool, Wood.

Rob

3. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    I heard Carey Nordstrom is coming out with a new line of bluejeans, as well. ;)

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :D Nordstrand. My bad!

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

The Sadowsky shop is one of my most favorite places in the NYC area , glad to hear you had a nice visit Anthony. :cool: