Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new yorkville xs400t ( warning huge pic [ s ] )

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Timbo, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    My new yorkville

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice score man! How does it handle the B?

3. E.O.M.

E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    That first picture doesn't even fit on my monitor screen. Awesome.

4. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    It handles the B suuuper well.. Granted I have only played it at about 3 - 4 because my parents are home ( still loud as hell ). But yeah it sounds like an E, just deeper if you kinda get what I'm saying.. Not the farted B.. I'll post some more information on it this weekend when I jam.. So far I wouldn't see the need for an 15 inch extension cabinet.. But maybe it'd help a lot for loud gigs.. I dunno but I do love it..

5. does it come with a footswitch?? if not, where would I get it, or what type of footswitch could I use?? I'm looking into the XS400H and fifteen inch with tweeter right now....gotta find someplace to check it out

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The Apex (Yorkville) Footswitch you're looking for is model AFS-2...formerly TFS-2 (Traynor Footswitch) I use one with my XS400TC and XS800H.

7. I searched up Apex on Yorkville's site, and found them, but the only footswitch there appears to be is some model in the "other" section called the ASB1. here's the description:

"A/B-Y switching works two ways. It lets you switch a common source signal (guitar, bass or keyboard) between two amplifiers or amp channels. Or conversely, it lets you switch two source signals (eg, two different guitars) into the same amplifier. A good quality A/B-Y switcher will also provide LEDs or other indicators to show whether A, B or Y routing is in effect. The Y routing combines both the A and B outputs in parallel so that two amplifiers can be driven at once.

ASB1 Features
    The ASB1 provides full A/B-Y switching facilities, plus parallel Common in/out jacks.
    A and B LEDs illuminate to indicate selected signal routing. Both LEDs illuminated indicates Y routing.
    Dual footswitches permit selective A/B switching or combining both A&B as with a Y adaptor.
    Dual Common jacks permit connecting something in parallel with the input source - perhaps a guitar tuner. "

maybe it's the right thing, someone let me know

8. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    yeah it doesn't come with a foot switch.

9. looking a little more at the manual for the amp, it says "insert a stereo 1/4 patch cord into a dual footswitch (tfs-2) and into the amplifier". now I CANNOT find any places that sell anything by the name of Apex, but if I search "dual footswitch" on guitar center's site, a few ring up. now will these work?? or will i need one that uses two plugs to work

10. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Wrong switch...you don't want an A/B/Y switch, it needs to be a dual foot switch. The Apex AFS-2 used to be the Traynor TFS-2...I don't know why it's not on either the Yorkville or the Apex site, I'll ask my friend there tomorrow what gives. Basically, you can order that foot switch if from your local Yorkville Dealer if they don't have one available...or you can use any latch type dual footswitch that uses a TRS cable.