Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Newest Addition Is...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Here is my newest bass, a mid-80's BC Rich NJ Virgin.

I had been looking for one for quite awhile. Believe it or not they are kinda rare. She has one of the prettiest rosewood fretboards I have ever seen. I wish the pic was good enough to show it. She has brand new Gotoh tuners, EMG actives, and a Hipshot Type "A" bridge. There are other little custom touches as well. She plays nice and has a real punchy tone. Its perfect for my metal/punk gigs.

OK, let the BC Rich bashing begin! Ofcourse if you do like it, don't be afraid to say so! ;)

Attached Files:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If i were to get a BC rich(wont happen, but), id get an 80's one, and do similiar mods. Congrats,

3. useless

useless Guest

Mar 11, 2004
    Fresno!
    lol... what is her name?

shes got some pointy features! :D

4. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Who bashes B.C. Rich? They're great! Er..IMO. That one's a beaut, do you have a Coffin Case to go with?

5. I think I would have to go with an 80s BC too. Although the only reason I don't like BC Rich is because ALL of their basses sound like ass to me. That's probably because i'm not much of a rock player or anything. More of a groovin' slap guy. If it works for you though then more power to you.

6. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Why how did you guess?! :p You just can't have a pointy BC and not have a coffin case! :D

Dr Stankface, you probably would like this one even though its not what a traditional funky bass looks like. It slaps quite well.

7. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    It looks good on YOU though!!
    All kidding aside, IMO those basses are great to snatch-up from a collecting standpoint. The value will continue to climb!

8. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    This is my first "pointy" bass. My other BC is a traditional bodied bass and so is my Elite 4. It definately has a different look to it thats for sure!

Thanks for the comments guys!