1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My newest baby

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lorenzini, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Just got this JO 5 on Friday.
    It's so killin'. A good pic, then some bad ones from my cell phone with the ash tray installed.

I recommend these basses highly!

Lindy Fralin pickups, great fit and finish for a Korean bass and wonderful B string. All to be expected on a Lakland!

The first picture really shows the burst and the amazing finish. Lovely!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Very classy, i dig.

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I dig as well.

4. Yummy!!! :smug:

5. Very nice!! I dig the black guard against the '59 burst finish. All kinds of cool.

-Bernie

6. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    you know i dont really like most black pickguards, but on this bass it just looks so slick. Way to go, cant wait til i get the dough for my lakland.

7. I agree!

-Bernie

8. Very nice! Looks seriously juicy.

9. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I've got some Lindy Fralin customs on my Kramer and I love em. Its raw, unadulterated power and clarity. I imagine on a Jazz bass theyd sound perfect.

10. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    wow congrat.. very nice

i can't wait to be a part of the Lakland community!

11. haxality

haxality

Feb 14, 2006
    Oooh, it's purdy. Good choice of black pickguard/burst finish. There's something about the finish of a brand new bass that just can't be captured once it's been broken in, no matter how good you take care of it.. good to see someone preserving it! :)

12. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    This is actually a used bass, but I don't think very old at all, from Dude Pitter tony f. The finish and burst are just amazing. I'm going to keep this bass for years to come. It's a Skyline but was shielded and the frets were dressed by Karl at Lakland so in my eyes it's close to as good as a USA Lakland.

I can get a variety of tones from tone rolled off, a super yummy smooth thump.

With it on, it's total jazz bass heaven!

13. Very, very classy. Congrats!

14. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    That's b-e-a-utiful! I'm normally a huge tort. advocate, but truthfully, I can't imagine any pickguard looking better on that bass. Congrats man!

15. Very nice. I like black pick guard on the bass.
    Is it aftermarket stuff?
    Congrat man..:D

16. Congrats on a sweet bass! I just joined the Lakland family myself.

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Very Nice , enjoy :bassist: I played one of those over the summer and i loved just how flat and comfortable the neck was on that bass.

18. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I believe it's not aftermarket.

19. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Good!

I'm considering a P bass and all I can think of is a Glaub or a Duck Dunn. The reason is because I know they'll have a great neck and gobs of fit and finish.

After having 2 Laklands and many other Fenders, G&Ls, Yamaha, etc, ad infinitum in this price range, I've decided not much comes closer to quality & consistency than the Laklands.

I think I'll only get better going the Lull, Sadowsky, Celinder, Fender Custom Shop, or other pricey boutique.

20. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Wow, congrats! That's a great looking bass. Keep that pickup cover on there!

+1 on the 3TS/Black pickguard combo. I love the look of my SX, which has this same layout.

Ouch, Lakland Gas!!!