Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My newest bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by tjclem, Sep 22, 2004.

1. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Mahogany, Maple and some Walnut from a well know Pa. builder and a Cherry neck with a Wenge fingerboard. Bartolini pickups. The only thing that bugs me is it is a little neck heavy....tom

2. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Whoa! That's NICE! I like the body design and the color of the neck!! How does it sound???

3. I had a chance to play a couple of Tom's custom made basses. They were both awesome, and I believe this was one of them. His bass necks are really sweet. . .very smooth and very comfortable to play. They also sounded tight and solid. They were worth way more than he was selling them for. Nice job Tom!

Ryan

4. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Thanks Ryan! Check out the other bass. You might recognise it :O) .....t

5. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    This one is now sitting in some very classy company. I have it on consignment at Bass Central. What a store!

6. Hey, that's great! :bassist:

Maybe some day in the future, I mean well into the future, I might be able to get them to consider one of mine. I'd be in heaven

7. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    thanks. Yours are a few steps above mine. They do like the feel and playability of my necks though. That makes me feel good.........t