Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My newest green bass (T-Bird style)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Feb 27, 2002.

1. This one has been floating around the Dudepit for awhile. I've always been conflicted over whether I think it's attractive or ugly, and now I have no choice, since I'm getting it! I took it in as partial trade for a bass I wasn't using. It's a custom made green Thunderbird style bass that was put together by the folks at the Washburn Custom Shop (the guy who conceived of and built it works for Washburn/Randall). Pretty cool!
    http://members6.clubphoto.com/jerome513480/705956/owner-97bd.phtml

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Oh Man, Jer....who in their right mind wouldn't like that bass?? I just wish I had the balls to stand on a stage with it. I'm just not man enough..

3. It's positively vomitorious....but I like it. It better sound good, looking like that.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Sweet. I guess your three way deal at the pit worked out. I have lusted after that bass for a while, myself. but, i guess it isn't a Dude Pit bass until it's been owned by Funky C, right? ;)

I love how the binding pretty much consumes the bass. I'm curious to hear your impression of it. And, of course, curious how long it stays with you...

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    dang, funky. another one? cool! i like the way you think :D

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    So do you keep buying and selling in a frenzied loop of basses or do you have a money vault like Scrooge McDuck that you swim in? And just so you don't get the wrong idea, I'm asking out of sheer jealousy. :D

7. Hmm, yeah, it does seem like I get a lot of basses, doesn't it? Yeah, I usually get rid of one or two. In this case, I sent my Roscoe LG-3005 (which I wasn't playing) to a buddy, who sent his Warwick to another of our friends, who sent me this green one.

I'm actually down to about six basses or so--yeah, hard to believe, ain't it?

8. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    It looks like you're hooked-up for St. Patty's Day! :D

9. Well, Funky, I usually really dig your choice in basses but I don't know if I would have traded a Roscoe for that bass.

10. Er....well,uh....it....um....certainly is....uh ..green!
    :p

That bass looks how I sound!:D

It actually looks like a well made ax though,I dig the fret marker dots.

11. Oh, by the way--I did get a few bucks, which helped to finance my "other" gear addiction. It wasn't a straight trade for my Roscoe.

12. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    funky, you change basses more often than I change my socks.

:D

13. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i like it, it's the first time i see binding on headstock. which pickup are those?

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Congrats!
    You ready to sell that Lull yet?! :D

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I like it Funky!