My newest recording w/specs!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dabluesman, Jul 19, 2001.

1. dabluesman

dabluesman Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    This is my first recording done with the Cyber-Twin. Its a blues-rock tune that I've been jamming lately. I have been going crazy tring to get a good bass tone for my recordings, this is the best i've come up with so far. I had to run a SansAmp Bass DI to a J-Station to get this tone. My playing technique needs to improve (i'm mainly a guitar player..) so I can play without getting all those fret "pop & click" noises. Anyway, here ya go!

Here are the recording spec's:

Guitar: '99 Fender Am. Std.
    * Strings: 10's
    * Pickups: Bill Lawrence L-280's (for this song I just used the neck position pickup.)

Amp: Fender Cyber-Twin
    * Preset I call Dirty Tube
    * Brit-Post
    * HMB Tube 1
    * Blackface Reverb
    ** Direct input via XLR's w/XLR to 1/4th cables (Left & Right - Stereo)

Bass: '98 Fender MIM P-Bass

Bass Recording:
    * SansAmp Bass DI (to) J-Station
    [I'm not sure about the J-Station's preset settings, I just tweaked things until I got the sound I was looking for (along with the SansAmp).]
    * Direct input via 1/4th jacks (Left & Right - Stereo)

Drum Track:
    * Zoom RythmTrak 234 (w/DSP-FX Acoustic Verb)
    * Direct input via 1/4th jacks (Left & Right - Stereo)

Recording Device:
    * Direct input into a Delta66 Sound card via 1/4th inputs (Left & Right - Stereo)

Recording Software:
    * Mixed, mastered, & edited with Cool Edit Pro
    * Room ambience provided by DSP-FX "Acoustic Verb" (on the drum track and a little on the guitar track.)

Thats pretty much it. If I think of anything else I'll post it. Feel free to ask any questions, comments, etc...

DaBluesman's Cyber-Song1.mp3
  2. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    It's rockin! The quality is pretty good too.
    BUT, where's da bass?? It sounds a little buried, especially when you let the guitar ring and play that riff on the bass.(I think)
    And, nothing beats a real drummer. The drum track is neat, but it's a little busy and not lifelike at all.
    That's just some constructive (I hope) criticism.
  3. you better hope. but rockin it certainly is
  4. dabluesman

dabluesman Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sorry it took me so long to do this, but here the new remastered version. I readjusted the levels some to help with the bass and overall volume.
    CyberSong1 Remixed