Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My newest Sadowsky #4068, Wow!Wow!Wow!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PRSBassGuy, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Got the latest addition to my Sadowsky collection this week. I don't know how to post the picture, but it's on Rogers web site under basses recently sold #4068.

This is my first PJ combination. Out of the box this bass has tremendous resonance acoustically unplugged. It has gobs of sustain. I recieved it on tuesday and took it to a blues gig that night. I set it on the P pickup and it's classic p bass warmth and growl, slightly different than my '61 P bass, but very close. It's not better or worse, just a very slightly different flavor. The J bass seems a little brighter than a vintage J but also close. The blend setting is really where this bass really happens...fantastic. The blend gives me a warm growl with clarity and punch, the best of the PJ world!

The bass is a very reasonable 9 lbs. The neck balances perfectly, and the low B string is focused and clear. Of course the workmanship is beyond great. The maple flame on the front is truly exceptional.

This makes my 3rd 5 string Sadowsky. I got the modern stuff covered with my spalted maple 24, classic rock covered with my Vintage J, and the blues thing covered with this PJ. The only other Sadowsky I might want in the future is a fretless for jazz. ;)

Thank you Roger, Nino and the gang for another work of art that I will treasure for many years to come. :)

I also have come to the conclusion that it's not the price of a Sadowsky that is expensive, it's the $50-100k you spend buying and selling all the other basses until you finally come to the unescapable conclusion that the Sadowsky's are the ones that "do it" for you.

I gotta stop checking the Sadowsky web site....it hurts my wallet everytime I look.

2. Congrats, I love my PJ4 NYC. I put some Sad Flats on mine and Oh Mamma Mia.
    Your's is beautiful instrument enjoy. I've seen it on the Sad-site. :bassist:

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

Too cool!! Enjoy

Rob

4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Here is the link to your bass:
    http://sadowsky.com/stock/view/4068.html

Glad you are so happy! Thank you for a wonderful quote. May I use it?

Roger

5. Roger,
    You can use anything in any of my posts that you feel is appropriate. I really appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes into these instruments. Each of the 3 that I own as well as each one I have played has been special. That kind of magic is hard to come by. :)

6. Hey! I've seen that before! #4068 spent some time as the background on my computer. Congratulations!

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

So YOU are the lucky b@st@rd who got #4068. A few of us here have been drooling over that one for some time now. Major congratulations! :)

To borrow Roger's bandwidth:
    [​IMG]

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Now I REALLY hate you.

j/k! :D

9. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    So how many PRS basses do your own?

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Beautiful!! Once again, awesome job, Roger!!! I will have a Metro one of these days!! ;)

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Just something that seems off to me with Sads,
    is it just me, or does your pickup placement differ from that of a Fender, or Fender copy bass? It looks like the pickups are closer together, with the J in the normal spot, but the P moved back a little? Or am I completly mistaken, and just can't see? :p

Ray

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice,

love my PJ, too. :cool

[​IMG]

13. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Congrats, that is an extremely fine looking instrument! :hyper: When, if ever, will we see a Metro P-J for us budget minded Sadowsky fans? Help us out Roger! :D

14. It looks to me like the P is closer to being in the original P bass position on the Sadowsky than on any Fender PJs that I've seen.

That said, this bass makes me crave Sadowsky. I WANT ONE NOW!

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ah, well, I was talking more in the sense of the modern PJ Fender bass. Thanks though :)

Ray

Edit: as do I...I've wanted one for some time, can't afford one, and I'm too stubborn to settle for a Metro :eyebrow: :rollno:

16. +1. My Sadowsky G.A.S. is starting to make me think crazy thoughts..

17. NIIIICE I have a question about Sadowskies also i didnt want to start a new thread for it though I wanted to know What is the Difference between the NYC's and THE METRO's also how r the metros

Yer bass i suetiful i went to the website maaan i envy u

*ALso How much $$$ did it cost

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    There is an FAQ on the Metro page of the Sadowsky site. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link with the new Commercial User Policy.

Also it's been discussed on TB a bunch of time so a search could help, also. :)

19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

I was wondering the same thing;)