My new'n.........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christos, Apr 11, 2001.

1. I just picked up my Warwick Corvette 5, I love it.......Any suggestions on how to wax it? It came with some sort of finish wax, is it just like waxing a car?
  2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Sorry I have no idea, maybe someone can help you here if not, try warwick. I'M sure they will tell you how. Maybe it's even on their web site...

DO you have any pics of the bass?

I like pictures!
  3. This is the picture that was on the website for ..... That is were I bought it....I don't have a scanner or digital camera, so I hope this pic will do........

My band is working on its website also.....So there will be many more pics soon.........
  4. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Christos, Nice looking bass! I bet it kicks some serious backside. How's the balance? I have a Thumb 4 bolt-on and I absolutely love it. Yours has that longer upper horn so I bet it balances perfectly. The Thumb is a bit of a struggle but good things usually are. Try some Elixir strings, they sound super on the Warwicks and feel great too. What did it set you back? I haven't waxed my Warwick yet so I'm interested in the proper procedure as well.
    I gotta get my rear in gear and get some bass pics up. I could use a little help in posting my pics. Any takers? Do I just add them as an attachment to my post?
    Maybe we'll luck out and the "S" boys won't find this thread. Enjoy Sportin the Wood!
  5. the directions should be on the wax if its from warwick, i just did mine. i replaced the strings also so it was a little easier. i got the new strings, the wax, and some fretboard oil and spent about an hour with it. i just did the waxing in 3 inch squares.

so yes pretty much like waxing a car except smaller sections.
  6. On the tin, it says, "Apply with soft cloth and leave for 2-3 minutes before polishing off with a cleane one." I was interested in how much of the stuff to use.......

Oh by the way Grooveguru... I got it for $895, it was used.....Not a scratch or ding on it.....ZoomBoy can vouch for the condition, it was his........I think I got a great deal on this one.....I have always wanted a Warwick, just never needed it, but my band should be giggin' by next month and I needed a good backup, now I just don't know what my backup is the G&L or the Warwick?
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nice bass. I got a Corvette FNA 4 about a month ago, and I love it. Mine is colored, though, so I don't have to wax mine (I don't think so, anyway).

8. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Acc to Warwick broshure, they use bees wax, also on colored ones.

This could be maintained using car wax, but make sure there is no crummy additives. Bees wax would of course be best. Whatever, make it a *thin* layer - very *thin*. Otherwise it may crack or even break away in flakes:(
  9. Hey Christos!

Enjoy that bass bud! It is like new since I rarely used it. As for waxing Warwick basses, well I've owned a few and this is what I'd do. You will figure out a process on your own though:

I waxed it at least once a month or at string changes (whichever came first) but you can do it on a more frequent basis if you'd like. I had 2 cloths that were different enough that I could tell them apart. I'd take the bass and lay it front side down in my lap. Take one cloth that will be used to apply the wax only and put a small amount of the wax on it (similar to if you are applying shoe polish) and rub the wax into the body and neck using a circular motion to apply a thin coat of wax on the bass. Reapply wax to the cloth as needed. Once the back of the bass is covered, let it sit for 5 minutes or so before polishing the bass with your other cloth using a circular motion just like waxing a car. Once the back is done do the same to the front but I'd recommend that you do not wax the fret board. I only would treat the fretboard with Kyser's once every six months to clean it. If you play the bass alot, the oils from your fingers will keep the wenge from drying out. I kept the can of wax and the waxing cloth in a ziplock bag in the gig bag to keep it separate from the polishing cloth.

Hope this helps!
  10. i just put a little on, enough to bring some color back into the bass. a little more were the thumb sits.