Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Next Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jul 21, 2004.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i've decided that this will be my next bass, whenever my next bass is. Ernie Ball MusicMan Stingray with 3EQ, Maple Neck, Transluscent Gold Color with head also in transluscent gold.
    first, im gonna get a little more serious in the bass playing.
    [​IMG]
    eh..eh?

2. I like your taste in bass and color ;)

3. Jazzin'

thanx, once i joined this forum, my GAS levels skyrocketed. howmuch would that costs? approx? cuz i have no clue.

4. If no one has an answer for you I can just ask EB..the factory is like a 5 minute walk away or I'll ask Casey.

5. Jazzin'

cool, thanx, but, musiciansfriend.com says its worth 1200$. wow, thats like 1600$ CAN for me. i'd have to wait a while so i can afford that.

6. Doesn't have matching headstock though.

7. Jazzin'

so then its gonna be even more. :mad: damn money!!!

8. I dropped EB an E-mail. I'll let you know what they say.

9. Jazzin'

thanx, i DO have the money, but my parents wont let me use it, it all my university money, but i have more than enough money for university in there(canadian universities are inexpensive for some reason compared to american ones) i can probably become a doctor multiple times with all that money.

10. Stingrays are really good looking, I'm eager to try one. One thing that does bother me is the headstock, but I think I could get past it :)

11. Stingray headstocks are so much cooler than Fender headstocks.

That's right! I said it.

12. Got beef Mo'Phat? :D

13. Good thing you did too, cuz I totally agree.

14. Jazzin'

yah, fender headstocks are too simple and plain. almost any headstock is better than a fender headstock. but i dont really care for headstocks, as long as it suits the bass it's good.

15. Jazzin'

anyways, im gonna search ebay to see how much a used one would cost.

16. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Jazzin' hey man! Welcome to TB, Whereabouts you from? I live in Longueuil (just outside of Montreal you must know where it is) Anyways check at Steves, they have alot of MM there. There is a Sterling with that finish and a black pickguard that is giving me GAS and it's 1400$ about CAN (I guess it's an older model maybe...) I would have bought it but I wanted fretless.... Oh well hopefully it will still be there next time I want a fretted :p Peace man, maybe we could get together and jam one day :hyper:

17. Jazzin'

cool, i'll definately check steves. but i just got a new bass not even a month ago, so it's prolly gonna be a year before i get this one. i live in st-laurent.

18. Jazzin'

now im thinking...should i get a new amp(all i have is a stupid little PV microbass) or should i go for the stingray?
    which one first??

19. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    AMP! how else are people going to hear you when you gig? Check out Yorkville. Cheap decent bass amps IMO. Check out Jimmy's music store somewhere downtown, i forget where, I can get the address if you like.

20. That depends on what you're doing with your music. If you plan to join a band, get an amp... if you're just learning and really want a Stingray, get the bass and buy a cheap used amp.

For MusicMan basses, click Here

A TB'er by the name of Gard works there, and their customer service is unmatched. Also have a really large used inventory.