Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My next Chili Peppers cd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Jul 3, 2001.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Can't go wrong with either one.
    BSSM (which I like better) might even be nice price by now (depending on where you live).

2. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    BSSM for sure, from top to bottom there's dope songs on that. But both are good.

Good luck!

3. BSSM is considered by many the best RHCP album. I think it rules. One hot minute is a bit different. Go for BSSM first.

4. I love both of those cds,but BSSM is my fav peppers album.I feel the band did some of their best work on that one.Guess you know what my vote is for,eh? ;)

5. Great! I love songs about dope!

6. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Right On!!!

7. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    I think One hot minute has more variety , and is overall a more solid record, but BSSM has some truly great chili songs like; "Blood sugar sex magik", "Under the bridge" "I could've lied" "Naked in the rain".

Hell.. you should go with both of them :)

/lovebown

8. Yeah go with both. One of the the first songs i learned drop d was naked in the rain.

9. Looking at it from a musician's perspective, I have to say that I thought Flea did some of his best music making on One Hot Minute and that he and Dave N. did some musical things together that probably won't be reciprocated when he's playing with John, but then again man, me, myself, and everybody I know, musician or not, thinks BSSM kicks serious ass!

10. Btw speaking of the Chilis, did any besides me see the video for "Breaking The Girl"?

11. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Very true. I love one hot minute. A good mix of funk and rock. They should have keep Dave on. IMO he is a better guitarist than John.

12. I saw it, it was pretty funky, psychedelic...in one word, F*CK*D!!!!!

13. I would get both, but I have very little money to spend due to the PRS bass I have on lay away. I think I'll go with BSSM...

14. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    get BSSM but my favorite is mother's milk, if you don't have it, you need to get it very soon!

15. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    It depends on which you already have. IMO the best are the early ones "RHCP", "The Uplift Mofo Party Plan" and "Freaky Stlyley".

Definately acquired tastes, but all excellent, and with much more depth and nuance than the later MTV fodder, i.e. BSSM onwards.

BUT if you're picking one of the two, then BSSM, some great diversity of songs, like Breaking the Girl, Under The Bridge, and the Power of Equality.

And RHCP make the best videos in the world. Every last one is a classic.