Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MY NEXT ELECTRIC BASS IS GOING TO BE A...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mumbojumbo4, Jul 30, 2004.

1. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock Bass
    OOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    80's Metal Basses are the way to go!
    If you know any other basses similar basses to the Warlock, post them Here

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    We don't like them here :(.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    [​IMG]

I got this from eBay in March after a long search. I had one just like it as my first bass in the 80's. There are 2 nice ones on eBay right now. A red one w/a split P pickup (exact model I had) and a dark grey with dual humbuckers that if'n I had a couple extra bucks I'd grab myself

:bassist:

as far as BC Rich stuff.... my first GAS was for a neck-thru dual split P pickuped Mockingbird. in the 80's that was the bass I wanted most.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I hope thats a joke :meh:

mumbojumbo4, if thats what you want thats cool. I would opt up for one of the higher end models. The Bronze Series has very cheap hardware and pathetic pups. Check out one of the neck-through Warlocks. For a "metal" bass I don't think you can get much better.

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I was kidding :p. I usually would never dictate someone elses opinions based on my own. I personally don't mind them that much, as long as their built in a solid fashion and can function in a band setting.. and don't injure too many people.

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I kinda figured but was making sure :D Unfortunately they do injure people...like me! The guitarist in a previous band would collide with me onstage sometimes and that !@$#% Warlock would about kill me! It did however sound really good...for a guitar :p

I agree, if your going to play one, make it a good one, not the Bronze Series. Ofcourse, if you plan on replacing all the hardware rather quickly, then go for it.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bronze series = poo.

8. True.

But their high end stuff > poo

9. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Yes, but they usually have that more compact body style which looks A LOT nicer than the warlock style.

10. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    warlock plat editions are junk to

check out the ESP style with the more evil look, or warwick vampyres...wicked looks and killer sound : )

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im assuming Warwick vamypre would be a little too pricey.

do they make a Rockbass version of the vampyre? That would be nice.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

13. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    +1 on the bronze series = poo

Never played the Bronze bass, but my friends Warlock guitar passed out of existance after only 16 months of use. Wasnt even in selling condition anymore, even after it was well cared for. :meh:

Avoid the Bronze... it looks good at first, but when you pick it up the bronze color darkens and your playing poo before you know it. :spit:

14. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    i cant afford a warwick or esp
    im seriiously going to get that or the platinum series

the reason i want it is because i like chessey 80's metal basses, they look different then every thing eles

15. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    i dont really care about the sound quality on this bass, im looking for the looks, if it sounds bad, il use some sorda distrotion thingy on my multi-effect pedal

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, if you don't care about the tone, that's great, because this bass has none.

17. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    lol

18. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    i care about that tone quality of it, but its not as important, i might change my mind before i buy it, im going to buy an upright bass first, then when i can sfford it im going to buy the bc

19. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    i just checked out the esps, there not the style im looking for

20. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    maybe i should get a flying V, or the epiphone thunderbird