Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My next rig... sometime...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Sep 22, 2002.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I've made my mind up. I think :).

It won't happen this year, but perhaps early next if I can live on porridge until then...

- Euphonic Audio iAmp 800
    - Two Bergantino HT112's

Yumm!

Just had to get it off my chest. Now back to reality.

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sounds like a nice rig. Just wanted to give you another option. Glockenklang is now making a 1x12 cab that looks really interesting. I think they are cheaper here too. It costs 678 euro with tweeter and 595 without according to www.musik-produktiv.de

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Oh, no! Not more to choose from... ;)

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    That sounds like a great rig. I love my Bergantino HT112. It needs more power than my EA CXL 112, but if you get the iamp 800, you should have plenty of headroom.

The only problem with the iamp 800 is that EA can't seem to get their **** together and actually release the damn thing. I've got one on order, but I've been waiting for the release since last February...every time they announce the new release date, it comes and goes and then they re-announce for about 8 weeks later. It's vexing, to say the least. I can't understand why a company would sell out of it's highest power product (iamp 600), stop making it entirely, then push back the release date of the replacement a full year. If they push it back again to anywhere close to the New Year, I'll probably go with some sort of poweramp/preamp combination instead. Good luck (for both of us).