MY NEXT RIG!! (Yes, I'll need a ladder!)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by cgworkman, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA

Oh NO!!!!

KABOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brain just exploded.

2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hasn't this been posted... at least once before? It was like a picture thing someone was doing... that's not the full picture that's out there though.

3. a few more speakers and a couple more amps and you may have almost as much power as Brian from Lightning Bolt... :rolleyes:
  4. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    a 36x10? yeesh i dont even want to know what it peaks at! seems like something manowar would use... :smug:
  5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    At least it's tilt back too! Then you can use it as a good monitor as well. Y'know... instead of killing everyone... and having a giant building-mover, people shaker onstage, just a gigantic monitor... that would take up most stages I've played on...

6. MazeMouse

Jan 27, 2005
    Power handling: 12000 watts ???

It seems like something you will take to a random festival and tell the sound tech "don't put me through PA, I'll handle it on my own..."
  7. I wonder if Phil Jones likes his new office over there at Ampeg? :D
  8. WAHAHHAHAHAA! I'd LOVE to see my band's face if I had that thing as my bass amp.
  9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    It gets posted every time there is a guitar show.

I played through it at Summer NAMM 2004. It's fun. And, they take your picture, too. :hyper:
  10. 36 woofers
    0 tweeters

priceless :D
  11. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I have one of those. The new whafronium ultralight design makes it weight about 7 or 8 pounds, and has a power handling of about 53,985,339 Watts. If you're good with oragami, you can fold it and make it fit in your pocket.
  12. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Is it just me, or is anyone else getting sick of seeing all these little amps that are "great for coffeehouse gigs"? Let's see something that could be used on a REAL stage...something with POWER! :eek: :eek: :eek:

13. I think it would blow itself over, dude.
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Then you don't need to worry about putting it in your pocket! Just jump on, hit a Bb and you're no longer in Kansas!
  15. 1.21 Jigawatts?!!

/Dr. Emmit Brown

yeppers, that's an Ampeg gag for Namm. Not: Funny Haha...more like Funny Uh-oh.
  16. How many watts can that thing take?
  17. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Well Nick, assuming it uses the same speakers as an 8x10 which has a power handling of 800 Watts RMS it will handle 3600 watts RMS...
  18. cgworkman

May 14, 2004