1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My old new old favorite bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wootsticks, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Wootsticks

Wootsticks

Jul 26, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Well, since I've taken my old P to the shop to get it set up (It has a bad truss rod, needed shims under the neck, and had a tall bridge, which equated to some uber high action) about a week ago, it has not left my hands during the day. It's got a BadAss II, '62 reissue pups, D'Addario chrome strings, Schaller strap locks, and '62 reissue pots. It's my new favorite bass, and I can't think of anything in the world to improve the tone. It sounds just right, no matter how I play it or what I play. Slapping sounds muddy, but popping sounds akin to Marcus Miller, smooth and just right. Here are some quick pics that I took. I've been thinking about getting a tort 'guard, to add some class, but right now, I don't think I'll be able to put it down long enough to install it! If you don't have a P-bass with flats, you sure are missing out.

P.S. - This bass also has quite a bit of sentimental value, it was my first real bass that I played everything on for about a year and a half. That might have something to do with my love of it. :bag:

Pictures032.
    Pictures035.
    Pictures036.