My Olympia is naked... please please help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ss_human, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ss_human

Jul 25, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    So I just got an Olympia, and I'm REAL happy about it. Unfortunately, I still feel unsettled about the purchase because its winter and the bass has no case. I've just about called every Tacoma/Olympia dealer in the Chicago metroland area, and the best case I can find is the Tacoma deluxe hard shell case (made by TKL I think).
    Does anyone have this case or any other case for their Tacoma or Olympia ABG? Would you take this case on an airplane (which is really what I'm getting at)? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I would take that case with me, but I would not check it in. EVER!

Its not the most rugged case, and it is pretty heavy but thats what you have to expect from a huge case for a huge bass.

Id suggest getting a gigbag and seeing if they let you carry on and leave it in one of the coat clossets.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The Tacoma case is NOT durable enough to check on a flight, and I think it's too big to carry on. I suggest you consider getting a road-type overcase for the Tacoma case if you're going to be traveling regularly. However, that's going to be expensive and big, like moving a small dead body.

Off-the-wall idea - what about removing the neck for transport? It would be easier to move...
  4. ss_human

Jul 25, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'd like to look into the over case? any suggestions?