My options with $300?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bpm2000, Jul 1, 2002.

1. I am currently searching for a bass amp to go with my new bass, and are wondering what my options are with <$300? To my understanding, I guess my two options are either to get a combo amp or a separate cabinet/preamp? I already have a power amp that I am using one channel of to power a subwoofer (Peavey CS-800, 400W into 4ohmsx2) so I have 400 free watts to play with. I can hook this up to a cab and a preamp correct? So I guess I'm wondering about some suggestions, what would you do in my situation? (I was first going to go with something like a microbass but people tell me to skip over practice amps if you can...)

thanks for your help.
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Sansamp RBI new - $299.99

Yamaha PB-1 and Peavey Max pre's at Ebay go for around $100 on Ebay
  3. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Get the Peavey Maxx pre and pick up a used 210 for cheap search bassgear and ebay. But that leaves open options to upgrade easily. If you can find an extra $50 you could get a new Avatar 210.
    Check your options on the speakers, but definately go with pre/cab set-up if you already have a power amp sittign around.
  4. thanks i think ill keep my eyes open for a used yamaha, peavey, or a sansamp.