1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My options with $300?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bpm2000, Jul 1, 2002.

1. I am currently searching for a bass amp to go with my new bass, and are wondering what my options are with <$300? To my understanding, I guess my two options are either to get a combo amp or a separate cabinet/preamp? I already have a power amp that I am using one channel of to power a subwoofer (Peavey CS-800, 400W into 4ohmsx2) so I have 400 free watts to play with. I can hook this up to a cab and a preamp correct? So I guess I'm wondering about some suggestions, what would you do in my situation? (I was first going to go with something like a microbass but people tell me to skip over practice amps if you can...)

thanks for your help.

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Sansamp RBI new - $299.99

Yamaha PB-1 and Peavey Max pre's at Ebay go for around $100 on Ebay

3. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Get the Peavey Maxx pre and pick up a used 210 for cheap search bassgear and ebay. But that leaves open options to upgrade easily. If you can find an extra $50 you could get a new Avatar 210.
    Check your options on the speakers, but definately go with pre/cab set-up if you already have a power amp sittign around.

4. thanks i think ill keep my eyes open for a used yamaha, peavey, or a sansamp.