Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My originals - a real ego booster!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, May 8, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    A few days ago, I shared three of my original demos with my guitarist neighbor, mainly because I have had almost no interest from the ads I've been placing for musicians, to help me get my new band off the ground. I thought to myself, "This guy (my neighbor) has experience writing and playing originals and I've done as much as I can with what I have and he's always asking about starting something with me, maybe I should pass my songs on to him, he could put his 'spin' on them and perhaps we could record them as my 'solo' project."

Well, as I said, I gave him copies of three of my songs and I found out today that he loved them! He said they were "catchy" and that, "They really kept my interest. I think you could have something here." We are now going to collaborate on some lyrics and see what we can come up with! Wooooo!

I am so excited -- this is just what I needed to hear after hearing nothing but criticism and put-downs from my past bandmates for all these years! In your face, Ass Munkey (oops, of course I meant Brass Munkey)!

"Yes! In the face!"

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

LMAO! I love that movie!:D

Congratulations, man! When you get some stuff ready, put up an mp3!

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Thanks, Jeff! I'll post MP3s when I can.