1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My originals - a real ego booster!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, May 8, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    A few days ago, I shared three of my original demos with my guitarist neighbor, mainly because I have had almost no interest from the ads I've been placing for musicians, to help me get my new band off the ground. I thought to myself, "This guy (my neighbor) has experience writing and playing originals and I've done as much as I can with what I have and he's always asking about starting something with me, maybe I should pass my songs on to him, he could put his 'spin' on them and perhaps we could record them as my 'solo' project."

Well, as I said, I gave him copies of three of my songs and I found out today that he loved them! He said they were "catchy" and that, "They really kept my interest. I think you could have something here." We are now going to collaborate on some lyrics and see what we can come up with! Wooooo!

I am so excited -- this is just what I needed to hear after hearing nothing but criticism and put-downs from my past bandmates for all these years! In your face, Ass Munkey (oops, of course I meant Brass Munkey)!

"Yes! In the face!"

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

LMAO! I love that movie!:D

Congratulations, man! When you get some stuff ready, put up an mp3!

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Thanks, Jeff! I'll post MP3s when I can.