my other instrument

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jun 22, 2001.

1. don't get angry at this but I also play a seven string guitar you would be amazed at this instruments fundimentals. It's almost like a cross between a bass and a guitar, it has the depth of a bass but the articulation and free expression of a guitar. A band wants me to play the 7guitar for them because I have a well put to gether sound on that (I thank my bass play and trainig) but I'm still a bass player all the way. Nothing can beat an instrument you can feel. sorry
  2. that's cool, i'd like to try out a 7 string guitar someday. i'm sure they have lots of unexploited potential. i heard that when the limp bizkit dude used one, he string it EADGBEE so he could do mandolin style stuff on the dual high E strings, i think that's a great idea.
  3. G

Apr 12, 2000
    I am currently in a band where one of the guitarists plays a seven stringer. The other guitarist plays a standard six string, and also plays with open tunings. I play a six string bass... We get many many great textures.
  4. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    i have a regular 6 string guitar, but i restrung it so its like a 7 string without the high e on the bottom.
  5. Do 7 string guitars have a longer scale, like 26 or 27 inches? Is the low B floppy or tight?
  6. ive always wanted one of those baritone guitars. anybody heard of them.
  7. herder, they vary as much as 5 string basses do.
  8. Heh, I tune my seven string guitar C,E,A,D,G,B,E. I never experiment with drop tune or I lose my articualation, besides the C string makes the guitar low enough and I don't crazy with things. I play a Ibanez RG-7 I love this neck they do have a longer scale neck and it is actually has a fret board thats as thick as a five string bass at the second fret but not as long they arn't that much bigger then a normal guitar. I still prefer the bass because if I can't feel the instrument I lose allot of my tallent.

Remember, keep your mind open If you are biggot to other instruments or musical styles you will never fully understand music or be able to compose it.