Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My own recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by fingerstyle, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Hey guys, I'm a new member of Talkbass. I thought I'd share some of my recordings with you.

http://www.soundclick.com/benwilkie

I record using a 1/4 to mini jack adaptor, and Quartz Audiomaster Freeware. These recordings were all done using a Yamaha RBX765A.

Blue Moon is my fave, its pretty, its tuneful, and I liked my solo.
    A Ballad for Doll is also a fave, its new and intersting, but I think some might be scared off by dissonance and atonality.
    I'm hoping to rerecord Round Midnight with a solo, and a better accompaniment.

EDIT: After 22 views, no one has commented. I should add I would like feeback.

2. Though I would just add an update.

Tonight my cover of Blue Moon is sitting at #1 on the Jazz Cover Song Charts at Soundclick.

-fingerstyle

3. Big nebula

Big nebula

Feb 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Ben,

I loved 'Blue Moon'.I'm not going to criticise here because I am not qualified to do so.When I hear your playing I hear determination and dedication.As an 18 year old you have plenty time in front of you to develop your style as a bassist and/or as a composer arranger.Very good my man!

BigNebula:hyper: