Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My P-bass!!! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thurisarz, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Fresh pictures of my MIM P-bass. The color it's called Midnight Blue and thanks to the friendly people at the Fender forum i now know the bass is from 2001 :)

Just follow this link to see the pictures, sorry for linking to another forum :smug:

http://seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15664

2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    That's a very attractive P bass. Nice hob.

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Daamn... I like that a lot..

4. :eek:

That is the best looking Precision in the world!!! Between gigs, I'd polish it and hang it on the living room wall for all to appreciate.

Coolest combinations of color ... they let the chrome stand out soooooo nice!!!

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I love P-basses, and that one's especially beautiful IMO. Thanks for the pics!

Regarding the "brown stuff": hey, I've never seen a Fender with a spalted maple neck before. J/K! :D :D :D

6. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Sweet deal, looks like the previous owner already upgraded the plastic knobs to chrome ones and the stock pickups to some kickass Basslines quarter pounders.

7. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I'm the only owner of it :)
    The chrome knobs came with the bass and they are US one's so i didn't had to change them.

I change the pickguard and pickup to and removed the volume pot

8. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    What are the controlls then?

9. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Tone :)

10. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    nice! The Anti hoppus bass.

11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That's a Hot for Precision, not a quarter-pounder. QP's have 1 pole piece per string.

12. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Sorry to say this Govithoy but it's a QP :)

13. yup, QP's.

14. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    nice! same colour as my bass, but it propably sounds / plays better.....for now MUAHAHAHA :cool:

15. victobass

victobass

Nov 27, 2003
    Florida,USA
    That is a great looking P. The rosewood looks so rich! I love rosewood! And the blue isn't your everyday blue. Hope you enjoy this sweet bass!

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Dang, I'm striking out all the time now!

17. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Gorgeous color, Imma look for one in the future with that color, but a MIA with maple neck. Man I can't get over P's with maple necks, the perfect combination of depth and snap. Is it me or is your neck raised like heck where the pocket is?

18. lenorules1950

lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT

Sometime in the past couple of years, they replaced the plastic Strat-style tone and volume knobs on Mexican Ps to metal knobs.

19. Holy_Grail

Holy_Grail Guest

Aug 12, 2004
    Can someone teach me how to wire a p-bass with no knobs? That will be cool because i don't use the tone knob ( it sounds the same to me ) and i always turn the volume knob to 10.