1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Pair of Sterlings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DavidE, Nov 22, 2010.

1. DavidE

DavidE

Feb 7, 2010
    I set out on a quest over the summer to find a light weight EBMM USA Sterling. Despite getting off to a bad start getting ripped off by a fellow TBer, I now have the two light weight Sterlings I was looking for.

I have to take photos of the 8lb 6oz HS I picked up today, but it looks like this:

MMSterlingHS.

I got this 8.75 lb Sterling H off a great TBer and dressed it up with some sparkle......

BlackMM-Sterling-From-Base.

IMG_4873.

My main choice, black with silver sparkle:

photo-3.

Some alternatives:

photo-1.

photo-2.

I think I'm set!

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Nice basses! Sorry you got ripped. Very unusual for TB, but not impossible, I suppose. Looks like you must have stock in a pickguard company. I'd definitely use that green one for St. Pat's Day!

3. DavidE

DavidE

Feb 7, 2010
    Ha! Pickguardian is local and I've known Tony for years. I went to his shop and we looked at lots of alternatives. He does GREAT work.

4. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Nice! I have an early one ('94) and I have to say that if I had to dump all my basses it would be the last one to go. That's saying a lot. I did have to switch out the guts though. Right now it's loaded with a Lane Poor MM and an OBP-3 - the best combination yet AFAIC. Enjoy!