Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My paperweight turned into a 1001 rbII! GK service appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xJasonSmithx, Feb 16, 2005.

1. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    First off I wanna say GK customer service rules. Thanks to Daniel and Gene at GK for all thier help. I sent off my head to them and got it back in under 2 weeks! Now that is service. They were nothing but nice on the phone and got me taken care of right away. I didn't expect my head to be here till at least the middle of next week due to shipping and everything. This works out great since Im recording this weekend. Its rad that they pay for shipping back to you. They had it packaged up like it was brand new. I had to double check a few times just to make sure they didn't send me a new one haha. Anyways my head is like new and I am 100% happy.

Dragging the GK name through whatever the opposite of mud is,
    -Jason Smith

Now if only I could get that endorsement deal...

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    very cool. it's very nice to hear about so many companies offering good c/s as of late.

3. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Big change from when I had a GK. Was told to ship it so some shady store in MN that said they would take over a month to fix, so I just shelved it and got a new amp

4. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Thanks for the update because I'm thinking about a 1001RB. Good to know they back up their product.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This is some good news for you bro. Seems like most bass gear companies are good folks.

-Mike

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've heard good things about GK service lately, but back in 1997-98 when I had problems with my 2000RB head, over 4 months of wrangling and threats to get it back from GK, and it still didn't work right. I swore off GK forever, but I've heard good things lately.

7. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Ditto that... back in the late 90's sometime... I too sent my 2000RB in for a servicing/update visit... and it took forever! Their communications skills were also sorely lacking back then. But I dealt with "mean Gene" late last year and had nothing but a pleasurable service experience.

Hooray for people like him who make it a point to make a difference! :hyper:

8. I think this is great and want to chime in too.

I bought a new 400 rbiv and the input clip light didn't seem to work. Daniel Elliot and Gene Lopes were very helpful. I elected to take it to a "near-by" service center but now wish I had just sent it back to the factory. It would have been quicker! When I did finally get it back from the local repair shop they told me that someone from GK (presumably Gene) had been checking on my amp. Not only that but Gene made an invitation for me to try to find a closer repair shop to me to get GK certified in case I needed help in the future.

I think all bass players want this kind of customer service.

9. I just got a Gallien-Krueger endorsement about 6 months ago, and Dan Elliott is a great guy to deal with. I couldnt be happier than I am with my GK gear. It really helps when the customer service is top notch. Thanks Mr. Elliott.
    Travis Sanders