1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My parents took Flea out to dinner

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, May 12, 2006.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Chad Smith was with them also. They went to an Italian restaurant in my neighborhood, one that isn't even all that good. Wish they would have at least taken them to Spumoni Gardens, the greatest Italian place in Bklyn. Not sure how this even came about because my parents don't know either of them. I can't tell you how upset I was that I didn't go. They invited me too.

About an hour after they came back home Flea rang my parent's bell (I was there) to talk to them about something. He looked healthier in real life than in vids and pics, except for his teeth. He was also with his thirteen year old son who was a fan of my band, and who was also a dead ringer for one of my best friend's kids. In fact, I think it was my best friends kid. What a weird dream.

Do you ever have Flea dreams? I think I'm scared. I don't want to dream about Flea.

2. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I've had worse.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Holly sh it dude..

I had my first Flea dream last night... And I havn't even been in a big RHCP spin lately.. Something about signing my bass after I waited after a show (maybe my band supported them, can't really remember).. Then I went to the shops because the permo ran out and flea was trying to sign it with a biro, lol.. So he asked if I could get him food as well? Went and got all this stuff from shops i've never seen/been to, got back and Dave Grohl was now there (who I have met) and Roy who is drumming for Sepultura (formerly soulfly) on their tour ATM, who I do know..

Crazy.

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Flea called me this morning and said he had a dream about Joe Nerve. He said that his parents took Joe out to breakfast.:D

5. I haven't been to Spimoni Gardens in at least 20yrs. They had the best sicilian pizza. But Dreamin about Flea? I dont think so....

6. Hahaha i believed that.. No i dont have Flea dreams though

7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    As long as there is no slapping and popping going on...

/rimshot

8. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    No dreams, but tomorrow I hope to buy tickets to see RHCP and The Mars Volta in Montreal. Too bad I have to wait until September.

-Nate

9. Nooco

Nooco

May 4, 2006
    Finland
    I don't have anything to wish except to talk with Flea. For sure.

10. I have this recurring dream that Ron Carter, Stanley Clarke and John Patitucci are waiting for me on my front porch for lessons as I approach my house. I tell all three, "Sorry guys, not today, I'm busy."

They all look so sad, but especially Ron. I go in the house and bring out milk and cookies for them that Catherine Zeta~Jones has just baked. She left Michael Douglas for me. :rollno:

Then, Donald Trump asks me for a loan, but I tell him he's a bad risk.

I then have to hurry to the local park to give Derek Jeter some tips on hitting, but before we can get started, Catherine calls me on my cell and tells that the UN Security Council has agreed to my plan for world peace.

Then, we all get ice cream. :)

Mike :p :D

11. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have kinda the same dream but instead it is Shania Twain baking the cookies and for some reason I don't get ice cream.
    Maybe I am waking up too soon.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    For many years in the early 90's, I had a recurring dream that Gun's 'N Roses were going to play a concert in my backyard. Something always happened in every dream to delay it.

-Mike

13. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Wow, you and Mike are dreaming about my real life.

I better check my house for hidden cameras, cuz you guys just know way too much.

14. :p :D

Mike :D

15. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    The only dream about a musician I can recall; file under "Pathetic Geek" stories:

When I was twelve I French kissed Pat Benatar on the ride "The Zipper" at the fair in Nampa, Idaho. It was my first kiss and I'll never forget it.

Matt

16. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Tell me you didn't have to switch to T-Mobile …

17. Yes I did...

And I got more! :D

Mike :D

18. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005

MMM Shania. I'd let her shag me...

19. If this thread is about dreams, then this isn't a hijack. :D

I may have to replace Catherine Zeta~Jones with either of these two lovelies of Indian descent.

Some of you may have already seen this actress, but I only first heard of her last week: Lisa Ray. Born in Canada of a Polish mother and a Bengali father. I can see both nationalities equally in her face - don't you think?
    http://bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/pictures/lisa07.htm

I also saw her for the first time today: http://bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/pictures/juhi01.htm

I was thinking about making her my bride, but the name, Juhi Jewels might destroy her career! :D

Mike

20. a while back i had a dream that hank williams jr. worked at the lay-a-way department in k-mart.