Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My perfect bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Feb 27, 2003.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    ok when i was having a jam in a local music shop i picked up this warwick bass. But i have looked on their normal website and their rock bass site but there is no match to what i was looking for. i was just wondering about what its name is and what the price range is in. And another thing is that is it a good 2nd bass to go up to from a starter yamaha rbx 170

. it was a oil red with gold furnishings, 4 strings, 2 tuners on each side.
    and there were 2 soapbar pickups closer to one side, 24 frets... um oh yeah the part of the bass where you put the strap on (perpendicular to the 12 ish fret) was curved into a circle. Another point is that the part for you to put you lead in is on the front like a guitar, and there were 3 knobs to adjust the sound

2. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    to my knowledge, warwick doesn't make a bass with a horn that curves into a circle. Sounds a little bit like a carl thompson bass though.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've never seen a Warwick with a Jazz-style front imput jack either.

4. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    If the jack goes straight in, instead of like a strat where it's angled, then it could be a streamer standard. Some of those have a top input I think.

5. The only bass I can think of that fits your description is the RockBass Streamer Standard.
    Does this look familiar?
    [​IMG]

6. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    um yeah that is basically it. oil red all the furnishings and the pickups (ooh im droolin right now) but back to the point it was all curved around it. not like on fender p basses where there is a cutout ( a slice). it was perfectly rounded but i am starting to get the impression that it wasnt a warwick oh well