1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My personal apology, as you like what you like!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by songwriter21, May 11, 2015.

1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Hey All,

I've hastily made some posts (hopefully not many), present and past, that weren't the most well-thought choice of words. Whether it was towards anything or anyone, my thoughts came from simply being really biased, positively or negatively, so I never intended offense, even though it obviously came off that way. They were disagreements that were worded improperly, and I'm guilty of posting and forgetting about posts. I'd like to make peace with all of you guys here in TB land, because we have one simple love in common, and that love/passion is one of the best things in the world. I wake up for it, literally. Also, no one needs bad blood, as the overall level of enthusiasm on here is awesome.

So, from player to player, sorry for coming off as a jerk at times. I love all you low-enders. :)

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Apologies are for the apologizer, not the victim. Just ensure it doesn't happen again. ;) :D

For the record, I have no idea what you're talking about but I hope you feel better after posting it.

3. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Early on in my TB posting career, I got dragged into what I later realized are the endless unresolvable debates, IE "Tonewood - Pro or Con", "Chinese Knockoffs - Spawn of Satan, or symptom of American Decline", "Four vs. 5 Strings", "Are Single cuts Ugly?", "Squier plays better than my MIA Fender!", "Rickenbacker Love/Hate", etc. etc. I probably came off like an arrogant opinionated jackass, so join the "Arrogant Opinionated Jackass Club" (someone needs to start this club on TB, BTW) and don't sweat it. I have a few TB posters on my Ignore list, and a few people have probably added me to theirs, Win/Win. These days I try to avoid arguments entirely, just state your opinion and move on and this forum is stress-free.

blindrabbit and Muddslide like this.
  4. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Man, people just need to buck up and grow some thicker skin. It's the internet fer cryin' out loud!

5. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    It's all good. As a general rule, I try to learn from others' preferences rather than knock them down. It's never any skin off my teeth when someone likes something I don't, so why would I ever make a comment to that effect?

Unless Return to Forever or Weather Report come up.

;)

gebass6 likes this.
  6. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    Here in Canada, we apologize for apologizing. You might want to do that.

Sorry, - I didn't mean any offence. Not that you would necessarily see any offence in the comment. And not that I'm calling you insensitive though. Oh, gosh I'm just sorry.

7. I Need a six...

I Need a six...

Feb 4, 2015
    Happens man, believe it or not there's a lot of hate on this site. State your opinion and someone bound to get upset. Sometimes that someone is me. :facepalm:

8. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    Brady suspended for not apologizing.

9. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    That's a legit apology right there. A rarity these days. 5/5 would be offended again just for the apology.

*I have no idea what this is all about.

10. PJ Muzikmansky

PJ Muzikmansky

Jan 4, 2013
    Boy...you've got some nerve coming on here, trying to pull that **** after all this time.

All I can say is this:

I'm sorry, but I simply don't care for your apology....

Now... what are you going to do about that...huh...PUNK ?

:D

11. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Amen! OP's mea culpa was offered up because he wrote an "I don't get the Fender love" post and much butt hurt ensued. I'm a Fender fan myself, but find it frankly pathetic when grown men tether their very identity to a brand or label. A real man can fashion a compelling bass line or riff with a piece of flint.

12. Haven't we all ... :)

Orangeclawhammr likes this.
  13. My response to all apologies on TB.

Awesome Sauce likes this.
  14. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Un-ignored

:p

15. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Step #8 ?

bachlover and Jah Wobble Fan like this.
  16. RAGE POST!@!!!#@#%$@%#!%

17. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    I'm trying to decide if I want to pay 150 bucks to read this, I'm sorry

18. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    lol whut?

19. Funny, because I post tongue in cheek a lot of times and you'd be surprised how many folks take it seriously.

Orangeclawhammr and wmhill like this.
  20. squirefan

squirefan

Nov 22, 2009
    Lansing, Ks.
    I forgive you...but my four-strings are offended by your signature.