1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My pickups are a tad long..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Oreomeister365, Feb 26, 2008.

1. I would like in the future to put some custom pickups into my bass but the current cutouts are a little long. They are for pickups that are 4.25", and the pickups I'm looking at are only 4.0".

Now I would guess that the only real option I have to fill in that space is to get some bigger pickup enclosures eh? Are there any companies out there that would be willing to fit a bigger casing over them? For the record, I have a four string bass, but the pickup cutouts house pickups akin to a "6 string musicman" (quote from the company). And of course, I want to install pickups the size of a four string musicman (4.0")

Keep in mind I won't have the bass for a couple months so I might not even want to change pickups, but I'm thinking to the future in case I actually do want to.

2. if the cutouts are clean I would just leave the gap, if they are ugly, bigger covers, or plugging the cavity and rerouting, but that may be too much work