1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My problem playing with Asdown Combo and cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DrKagemusha, Apr 5, 2009.

1. DrKagemusha

DrKagemusha

Jan 14, 2008
    Hi, I've been playing for the last year with the Ashdown Mag210t-300(2x10) combo and Mag 115t(1x15) cabinet. At low sound level (without a drum) it's really great. But when i'm playing with a drummer, i have problem finding a warm articulate sound (I'm using a Fender P ri70 cij, Fender J ri62 cij, mod Fender J S-1 usa w/bartolini, badass, seymour duncan preamp and s-1 switch on a rotary knob, first two Roto Swing and mod Jazz with Ti Flats). I'm always using the passive basses. I can dial an articulate sound but there's always some kind of hum (I've manage to clear the instrument's passive hum with a Boss NS-2). I can dial a really good warm sound, but it's not articulate. On a couple of occasion i've found the perfect spot. The one where i'm warm, clear, really cut in the mix and still isn't too loud when it's a more quiet moment (bass/guitar duet or bass solo).

Is it me not using the eq correctly or the setup?

I've think of two reasons for my problem:

1-The cabs. Maybe 2x10 and 1x15 isn't well balance for this and i loose a little clarity with the 15. A setup of only 10's might suite me best.

2-My amp could also be the problem. Maybe 300 watts isn't enought and this is creating the hum because it have to be push to this sound level. Could this be solve by using the noise supressor in the loop of the head?

thanks for you're help