1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my problem with moving E->A or A->D

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rusmannx, Nov 7, 2004.

1. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    lets say i hit the E-string with my thumb, do a hammer, then move to the A string with the thumb (and maybe a hammer or two), then move to the D string..... i'm left with this vibrating E string. And a vibrating A when i move to D. when i fret, i put the tip of my thumb on the back of the neck, (hand shaped like a claw) not with my fist wrapped around the neck (as though i was squeezing the guts out of a burrito).

please listen to my clip and help me find the best way to mute that ringing E string.

you'll have to turn up the volume because i didn't record it very loudly (wife is asleep).

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    what I usually see people do and what I try to do when I slap is to mute the strings with my right palm whilst slapping somewhat close to the neck with a closed hand. It's tricky to explain over the internet, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to expalin it better.