1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My prog/fusion project Relocator - debut CD feat. Derek Sherinian on keys!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Kyo6JM, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,

I think this might appeal to quite a few people here. :) My project Relocator is finally about to release its debut album - an hour of complex yet melodic instrumental prog/fusion. As a special guest we have Derek Sherinian of Dream Theater fame (also Planet X, Billy Idol, Yngwie Malmsteen...) contributing all the keyboard parts. Plus there's some electric violin - but enough talk, after all you can hear what it sounds like yourself!

You can listen to a total of ten minutes of samples here:
    http://www.myspace.com/relocatorproject

or if you prefer mp3 downloads of the samples, go to:
    http://www.relocator-project.com

Let us know what you think! :)

All the best,
    Michael

2. sirpug

sirpug

May 8, 2008
    Everett Wa
    Not normally my cup of tea but it sounds great. Good job!

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    WOW! That was great!!!

that's pretty awesome that you got Derek Sherinian on keys! Will you be touring the US anytime soon?

4. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    oh by the way, please post on here when the CD becomes available for purchase.

5. Thanks! :)

Haha! Do we really seem that professional? :D To be honest we'll be celebrating when we manage to play a gig or two here in Europe - it's not a full-time band, it's just a project. And while our Dutch drummer and the violinist are eager to play live, we'd still need someone to cover the keyboard parts.

I'll gladly do that! :)

6. KNURRR

KNURRR

Oct 12, 2009
    Uh sounds very nice! Great bass tone that is!

7. Trapezius

Trapezius

Mar 1, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Whoa, that's some awesome stuff there. And Derek always sounds great. One of my inspirations as a keyboard player.
    Please let us know when the album is out.

8. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Great stuff, my ears had fun!

9. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    i'll listen when i get home!

10. Haha! Well, this music is certainly not for everybody. But good to hear that my tone is fine! :smug:

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys! I'm really glad people like this stuff so much!