My project's catchy logo... lol

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Well after a few tries I've finally got a project <i>Elective Slaughter</i> underway. I had to add a guitarist sadly after realizing that a guitarless band sounds fun but it's not very musical. We should start recording and gigging soon with origional music, except for an industrial remake of a Frank Sanatra song. :rolleyes:

Well anyway, I designed our logo after taking some looks at slaughter houses and shock value; and then seeing how much I could keep in without offending too much. Yet again I turn to talkbass for opinions because I have no friends in real life. :D

(P.S. mods delete this please if you feel it's to graphic...)
  2. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    That's pretty sweet

3. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Show it to all those retarded vegetarians.

Good logo btw.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Appropriate imagery. Matches the nomenclature of your combo.
  6. Sweet name and Sweet logo, man! Post some MP3's!
  7. How rhetoric, score two points for that implication. :D
  8. Understood, I hope to take advantage of a friend's studio soon. Everyone seems to be recording these days.
  9. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Doesn't work for me but maybe I am a prude. Maybe a picture of a slaughter house, or pigs in a fence being sorted or tagged or something. Pigs hanging dead is a little repulsive, now pig in your plate,that is delicious. Just MO.

Hey, how about a cooked whole pig with and apple stuck in its mouth? I am sure you have seen this.
  10. The two big things I was going for with your poster/logo is vulgarity and how shocking it would be to other people. The origonal picture before it was edited, was allot more gruesome I assure you. For some reason eating another animal so simular to yourself or capable of emotion seems a little disgusting and monsterous to me. My general rule is, if it can comprehend the complete consept of death it doesn't deserve to be eaten. I don't eat any mammals what so ever anymore, just stick to fish and some birds. But mostly I'm a retarded vegetarian.
  11. You do realize that it has a striking rezemblance(sp) to a tool album coverlet, right? I do think it's quite fitting for the name, though. I give it a 9.3!!!
  12. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    WOW! What a ignorant and foolish thing to say...
  13. you are one sick sick man...

14. Yup, I'm pretty grossed out by it myself, but then again it's only a couple of dead pigs when you think about it. I had to disect one of those that was dead and out in conditions for two days for a class a few weeks ago. Pig's blood smells a bit like smoked bacon after it has been conjilling in the sun. I agree it does look like a ripoff of Undertoe.

:D :D

Anyone hungry?