Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My quest for foot controlled synth

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sanctum, Jan 19, 2004.

1. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, please move it if that is the case.

I know very little about synth modules. Basically I'm looking for a foot triggered synth that I can lay some keyboard sounds down underneath our songs.

Preferably it would be a 1U rack unit that I could run off the other side of my QSC into a cab. I know so little I'm not even sure if something like this has its own pre-amp or if I'd have to add another of those as well.

I borrowed a Taurus 2 setup from a buddy of mine but it doesn't really suit my needs .... soundwise.

If anyone uses something or has a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I picked up an EMU Vintage Keys module for when I want to add pedal tones. It has all the classic Taurus tones plus other goodies and sounds that have worked well for me!

3. you can find Roland or yamaha midi floor pedals (look like a taurus unit) which are nothing more than midi triggers and you can use them to trigger a synth unit to your liking.
    I see then on Ebay frequently.
    As for a synth module, you have too specify what sounds you want and find a unit which contain your sounds.

4. Mr. Boo

Mr. Boo

Mar 29, 2004
    Try a Studiologic MP-113 midi pedal. You can get them new for just over 300 dollars. This has the ability to go into a sound module and trigger sounds via midi , of course. You can change banks, parameters and things right on the pedal.