1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Rack is gonna be changing...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chronicle, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Okay so here's what's up. I have a GK2001 which is pretty cool but i've been playing with the MarkBass TA501 for a little while at my job and I must say... it's seducing me :crying:

So I'm going to bring in my rig next time i have off from class&work. Do a little comparison with my cab and GK2001 with the TA501. I also need the winning amp to be super clean. The Markbass seems to be making a much better clean tone than my GK.

I like the GK but i must say that it can get a little dry. The TA501 has some nice usable features.

Does anyone use a Rickenbacker and TA501 and want to give me some previews? And what about effects with the markbass? Since it's super clean, i imagine the effects will sound intense.

I also need a rack tuner. Just a simple one so i was thinking the DTR1000 by Korg. Objections?

Also will be upgrading to a monster power center. And I might sell the Aphex 204 unless it goes well with the TA501.

Any other rack gear i must have? ;)

2. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    AIf Mark Bass had a cross between the 501 and 503 with about a 900 watt power section I would own one.

That being said cool amps.

500 watts just aint enough for me, not unless they were Tube Watts.

3. dwanetom

dwanetom

Aug 20, 2008
    Rack?...oh, sorry, I thought you were gonna get a boob job. ;)

4. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    yeah it's a big step down from my 1000 watt GK. But I find myself not going past 10oc on my master volume. If i do, everyone else gets drowned out lol

5. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I'd get a compressor.

6. I use the DTR2000 and I think the 1000 is the same with a few less features. I probably don't even use the features that I payed extra money for. Solid tuners by my experience.

7. +1

8. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    That's not an upgrade - that's just money down the drain. Just use a decent surge suppressor that costs dimes on the dollar, screwed into the back of the rack wherever is convenient... save the money and space for other gear you can stuff in the back of the rack when loading in and out.