My RB5, holding down the Gospel

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    I have been playing my candy apple red Roscoe Beck 5 for a while during our praise/worship service, it holds its own just fine, I had my concerns at first about it being to aggressive since it does have that Fender sound, but no worries, it works very well for the up temple stuff as well as the slower worship songs, I just think I could use a outboard pre-amp just to get a bit more over-head, we will see :cool:
  2. awesome. What church you go to?
    If you're ever in Chattanooga come down to Brainerd Hills Presbyterian Church :cool:
  3. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Living Word in St Paul Minnesota. where the wind chill in the winter time can reach -65 :bawl:
  4. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I've used the RB5 as my main church bass for a while, its an amazing bass, like you said I think its great for both the high powered energetic stuff and the slower stuff, recently I switched over to a MTD535 just due to the light weight and better playability (I can't say it sounds a lot better, it sounds different).
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My favorite basses are MTD 535 and Fender RB5. I love 'em equally well with any type of music.
  6. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    May I recommend the Sadowksy outboard pre? I use it with my Jazz bass and I play in church often.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Cute pun.