Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My REAL first show

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by downstairs, Oct 10, 2002.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Yes, I was supposed to have a show October 5th, but we didn't sell any tickets, we have a show saturday where were gonna be playing at a church, my band is actually ready, and if anyone here is around the Laurel, MD area, or want to come, just e-mail me, I'll give you the address, I'd appreciate any support you all can give me, and any advice. I can't wait for it, we are most likely gonna have a 2nd guitarist ready, but I might not be prepared with my back up vocals, I'll probably make cue cards and have one of my friends stand in front of me with em so I don't screw up. Heh, anyway, advice for not being nervous infront of a mic and like maybe 30-40 people, that'd be great.

2. cool, hope you guys have fun!!

advice for not being nervous?

1) be prepared for the gig. confidence fights nervousness.

2) remind yourself that you are on stage because you want to be. and because you have what it takes.

3) singing backup - make sure your monitors are loud and clear, hearing yourself is important.

good luck and let us know how it went!!

3. routing for you. good luck. let us know how it goes.:)

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Just think about how much you love playing and remember... you're on stage and a whole lot of people wish they could be where you are.

Have fun:D

5. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Heh, thanks alot guys, I just gotta make cue cards or some stuff for me still, but i think i am ready for this gig.

6. One thing to remember - HAVE FUN!!!

7. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Well, we played, and it kinda sucked. Our first show, Kai (singer/guitar) was really nervous, kept forgetting words, just basically gave up, and was downhearted, Herb said we were kinda rushing things, and I was just fubaring everything. Later on, me and Kai were strumming acoustics, and since we didn't care, we weren't nervous at all. I think though, that I might be switching over to singing and doing bass lines. Oh well, we'll try it out tomorrow, thanks for your support.

Oh yeah, my screaming over the regular stuff and singing over the acoustics were great.

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Gig Story