Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My record is out today!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by slackdaddy, Sep 28, 2004.

1. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Endorsing Artist: David Eden Amplifiers / Rob Wave Custom basses
    Hey Fellow Low-enders,
    My record was released today. It is called "Kevn Kinney's Sun Tangled Angel Revival" and it is on Compadre records out of Texas. I hope you will consider checking it out. I play bass on all but two tracks and those two tracks the bassist is none other than Dave Schools. Lots of cool guests on this record. http://www.kevnkinney.com and most of the songs are featured in the film, Ligthning Bug http://www.lightningbugthemovie.com
    If you pick it up please let me know what you think

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is there somewhere I can check out some sound clips?

brad cook

3. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
  4. Should be in most stores?

5. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    It should be at most major retailers but I am not 100% sure

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think you have to be a member to listen. When I clicked on that link originally right when you posted it I could go in and see the tracks but I was listening to a radio show at the time so I didn't listen to them. Maybe it let me in to see the tracks because you were still logged in or something. Now it just takes me to the Fye homepage and when I do a search for the band name it shows me the CD but no sample tracks.

brad cook

7. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I am trying to figure out where you can hear some soundclips. I do think you will like this record. Have you ever heard Gibb Droll's guitar playing? UNREAL!

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Holy frijoles! I'm a big Soulhat fan!

I'll definitely check it out, man!

9. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Hey Smash,
    Try doing a search for Kevn (with no "i") Kinney

10. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Hey Low-Enders,
    I just wanted to let you know that if you are in the Athens/Atlanta area, we will be having our cd release parties this weekend. Tonight we are playing at the 40watt club here in Athens and tomorrow night we are at Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta. If you can make it out to these shows I would highly encourage it. We will have at least 2 very special guests with us, Gibb Droll who is a guitar virtuoso from Virginia (my homestate as well) and Joey Huffman who has played keyboards for Soul Asylum, Matchbox 20 and Isaac Hayes to name a few. Joey is also well respected session player. I don't think Dave Schools is in town or he would probably be there as well. So far, the record is doing well and we will be on tour for the next few months at least. Come out and feel the Sun Tangled Angel revival!

11. I FINALLY picked up the album last night. I only got a chance to listen to it at work. Slackdaddy, you rock, simply put, you got groove, baby!

When I first started listening to it, it sounded really garagey, kind of like home recorded- and I started thinking 'ummm...' but after the luscious waves of Hammond started drifting around... yow! It's a lot different from the stuff I know of Kevn, but you can still hear a lot of where Drivin' n Cryin' came from. By the way, you can tell Kevn I picked it up at Atomic records!

I can't wait until the weekend when I can actually listen to it on a real stereo!

It sounds great and would it would be well worth it to check it out.

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Not my kind of music but good bass playin' none the less!

13. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    It was fun making that record which was produced and engineered by another David Barbe. He played bass for the band, Sugar with Bob Mould. Dave schools and all of the other guests were also very cool to work with.

14. I've got the Sugar EP with "Tilted" on it. That song rocks- big time.

How did you guys get that organ sound? I seriously love that.

15. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    The keyboard player is Joey Huffman (Soul Asylum, Isaac Hayes, Georgia Satellites...the list goes on and on) and he is absolutely amazing!
    I am pretty sure he is using a hammond and a Leslie. He has been playing some shows with us recently and I believe he uses the same set on tour with another keyboard for piano/mellotron sounds.