My record label is finally up and running!! =D

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stupidnick, May 28, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    My record label is finally up!
    we have 3 acts signed so far
    I formed this a couple months ago after talking to Ex Pro skateboarder Jamie Smith about Punk music..
    this is more of an Indie label but we play anything and everything..
    this is how its gonna work.. i dont make any profit off this.. any artist who is signed.. gets advertisement.. i dont charge or anything.. if i ever update and get an offical maybe.. because of bandwith and mp3s...
    but this is all for fun for me... the only profit i will make is if my album sells any... but so far we have the gerbals..which is a punk/metal/jazz band.. lol
    and the Angry mennonites which is my solo thing.. its just bass guitar and drums and vocals..
    i play all the instruments lol.. and its nothing that really takes alot of technical musical tallent at all.. its just fun!
    well heres a link if anyone wants to check it out..
    if you have any input on any suggestions.. be free to comment.. and enjoy.. oh yeah.. Captain crap owns you! I forgot to mention.. anyone who wants to be signed.. upload your mp3s somewhere to like some webspace and ill link to it.. im gonna send this page to aobut 50 or 60 different search engines.. because i have a 56k modem.. it can be pretty difficult..

EDIT: sorry about the spelling errors.. i know i have some probably.. im just.. out of it today.. i had to take perkasets for my teeth because there still bothering me for some odd reason
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Congratulations, very cool.

This thread, however, belongs in RECORDING GEAR AND EQUIPMENT.
  3. Say, you don't have any mp3's of that acoustic rock band, "Forgiving(?) Elizabeth" do you?
  4. nice job i have something sorta liek, but i record demos for the bands and then advertise, i charge a small fee but that is mainly materials, and mine is called pow ) )
  5. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    how do i submit songs to your label you dont have a contact area put one up so i can e-mail you millions of songs from me and my band
  6. Hey... I've got something just like that: Port Crew Records.
    Me and my friends and bandmates made it up just as a way to seem more professional when we try and get gigs at venues. From that webpage you can get links to all our music. We should form a fake label alliance.
  7. yay lets all buy 4 tracks and call ourselfs a wreckord lable lol

8. Hey man. We all got dreams. Just because Im a poor motherlover doesnt mean you can step all over my feelings. Someday it might be real. Someday I might be a millionaire rockstar and then you'll be like "Oh, Its the 4 track record label kid" wish I didnt make fun of him because then he could buy me my own tropical island and my own 4 track record label.."
    Thats all i gotta say.
  9. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    hey yeah....
    stoke... Good stuff yeah ill link you up man
    I like your stuff hella lots..
    sorry i haven't been on this thread in a long time i kinda just gave up with this cause nobody replyed in 2 days.. but.. forgiving elizabeth is really no more and we renamed the label "buttmonkey records" cause there were 2 other labels called crapcore and i didn't wanna cause more confusion..
    anyone who wants to get mp3s on the site.. its free just email me or PM me and get like an acount with angelfire set it up and ill make the site if you want.. just tell me what you want and youll be up
    my email addy is ""
    Yeah.. why dont we all buy four track recorders and call ourselves a wreckord label.. hehe
    was that sposed to be offensive?
    well sorry .. it didn't work *smile*
  10. yes yes yes good stuff.
    whats next, you gonna record bands in the garage?

ps. i heard you can get a really good sound using the bathroom for vocals

and that is no joke
  11. hey man, when promoting a band it sound good to say your on a "record" label, dude, even if it isnt they dont know, its some kid in a basement with 4 track, dude if the website is nice, it is believable
  12. fatrabbit

Feb 26, 2002
    bath, uk
    Are these sites serious?!

If you are, you should get a domain name (.com etc.) ...
  13. has anyone gone to that site and listened?, you should its interesting
  14. is there any way to get a deal so u get paid nothing untill the lable sell like so many the band makes a cd then send it in to the lable the lable will like get the cd out to like indie store and what not and when it starts to sell the band get a real deal.
  15. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    What happened? All it is, is the foxy grandpas now!
  16. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    hey man
    rah i haven't been here in a couple days cause ive been at my girls ;)
    well.. i gotta say
    theres a new label starting up..
    i actually had another band on the label
    well the lead singer from forgiving elizabeth is helping me out. and we are running it together.. distributing the cds..
    Ive sold 150 copys.. of the foxy grandpas cd so far... the first week.. so... =D
    its gotten fairly decent exposure.. for ya know.. crappy recording.. but nothing too big..
    so we got a new label..4 bands on it now..
    we are maknig the site and coming out with a comp. in December/january..
    our new label is called "NO LABEL RECORDS".. since we figured we really had no label.. lets make up a label and call it.. no smart *sarcasm*
    nah but i like it now.. its easier.. scott helps me run it.. weve been best friends since we were 12 so i can trust him... =D
  17. SlowRiot

Jan 5, 2002
    as far as im aware, a record label is neither recording gear NOR equipment...;)