Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by quatre03, Dec 29, 2004.

1. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    hey guys i just wanted to post some of the stuff i've done recently. All of it is solo bass stuff cause i cant find a decent level headed guitarist, oxymoron me thinks. but anyways i've been playing for 2 years now, all the stuff i have up there is my and my conklin, i'm espicaly proud of the song Da Loop which is just me and a looping pedal, i think it turned out better than expected.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/quatre03music.htm

2. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    Couldn't quite hear what was going on man! The drums are too 'up there' in the mix! So no further comment.

3. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    can you comment on the song Da loop??

4. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I dug the song Da Loop. It didn't sound like it was a chops monster song, but it was catchy, cool basslines, nice backup rhythm, really cool sounding melody's or whatever you'd like to call them. I liked it. Take it easy.

John

5. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    The envelope filter (i think) you are using could do with being a tad more sensitive as it is a bit too bassy in my opinion and overpowers the nice backing. Cheers

6. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    i've got a new one up

7. I like your looping song, pretty cool, i had a boomerang pedal once, but it broke, kind of makes me miss it, pretty cool what one guy can do. Here's a link to some stuff me and some friends recorded with a portable minidisc recorder, it's all on the fly stuff, some of it is cool, some of it sucks. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/chrisshouseofunk.htm
    I'll be putting up more soon, my friend just got a power book and a digi002 plus some other gear, very nice home studio stuff, so i'll get some songs that don't suck as bad up soon :) Keep playing, and you don't have to have a guitar player btw, you can always pickup a horn player instead. Something funny as well, your band profile says you were born in yuma, lol, i spent a year there when i was in the Corps, what a hell hole . :)