My resignation as a moderator

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by White_Knight, Dec 7, 2000.

1. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Well people, it's been really fun; however, I feel that it's time for me to step aside and pass the torch onto someone else. It's just getting to be too much of a burden to be here almost every night. And don't get me wrong, you are a great bunch of people so I probably don't need to be on that often, however I'd feel like I was somehow "cheating" you people if I wasn't here that often. I'll still be active on Talkbass, I just would like to step back and be able to really enjoy it instead of spending almost all of my time in the Amps forum.

Anyway, this means that a replacement needs to be found. E-mail Paul if this sounds good to you. I will be the interim moderator until a replacement is found.

Thanks everyone for the great times that I've had here and I'll see you all around.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, wk! well, i for one would like to thank you for a great job that you've done. hope we can find another. good luck, tell gm and biski at the home i said hi :D
  3. Gonna miss you dude!! We'd better see you on TB!!! Enjoy your semi-retirement!!!
  4. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I for two would like to thank you as well, Mr. Kanigit.

We still owe you a medal for your heroism during the Great Amps Forum Flame Wars earlier this year (the old timers know what I'm talking about - I'm still waiting for a spam bomb with my name on it). You've paid your dues.

Good luck!

5. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Don't worry, you'll all still be seeing plenty of me. I was just concerned that I don't really enjoy Talkbass much anymore. It's become a routine: get online, check the amps forum threads, maybe bum around for a few minutes, etc. My internet connection isn't very good and it sure ain't cheap (though I'm sure that it's still cheaper than a lot of your connections); I've been going into overtime every single bill (I only get 14 hours per month before overtime kicks in). Basically, I just want to enjoy Talkbass more.

Thanks for the kind compliments all, and I'll say hi to GM and Biski.

BTW, Lump, I remember those quite well! For some reason or another I got a chuckle about the your spam bomb comment.

Anyway, later.
  6. welcome back to the wonderful world of posting and stalking
    at you own convience :D
  7. Thanks for all the good work you’ve done here.
    Glad you are still going to be hanging around.