My revamped pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Jul 8, 2019.

1. IMG_20190708_044601832.jpg I took out my Keeley Bassist, my overdrive, chorus and octave pedal. Made a board. People here told me I might not like a compressor, they were right. I am very happy with the sound I am getting now. I leave the EQ and delay on all the time for Church

2. HalfManHalfBass

HalfManHalfBass

Jan 21, 2003
    Glad you found the right solution for you.

Just out of curiosity, how do you have your delay set so as to be left on all the time without overpowering your sound, after having just removed a limiter (that couldn't be left on all the time without it being detrimental to your sound)?

Delay has always been an impossible effect for me to use on bass... Doesn't having delayed repeats make a mess of your sound if you always leave it on?

3. jblock

jblock

Mar 20, 2004
    CT
    Looks like the Feedback is set to zero for the delay, so are you using it more like a reverb?

gary mitchell likes this.
  4. HalfManHalfBass

HalfManHalfBass

Jan 21, 2003
    Yeah I noticed that too and immediately thought a short slapback kind of thing, but then I saw the time range knob is set to long delays, so maybe the knobs aren't in their true positions...?

5. DD-3 is awesome on bass! I use one myself.

6. THE KNOB IS A LITTLE OFF, I GET A SHORT ECHO , REVERB TYPE OF SOUND. IT SOUNDS BETTER IN CHURCH IN the SANCTUARY , THEN AT HOME IN MY SMALL MUSIC ROOM. MY CAPLOCKS ARE STUCK AGAIN.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Jesuguru and Jones64 like this.
  7. HalfManHalfBass

HalfManHalfBass

Jan 21, 2003
    Interesting! I would not have imagined that a short slap back would really work (especially all the time) on bass. On a guitar playing rockabilly sure, but not bass! I guess it's a lot less 'messy' sounding than a dedicated reverb -especially as most churches already have plenty of natural reverb and reflections already.

8. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Clean and simple! I assume you’re running a passive bass? I, too, have found an always on reverb is a great way to fatten up the tone particularly in a three-piece. I use a reverb rather than a delay but I think we are both using it for the same purpose.

9. FugaziBomb

FugaziBomb

Jun 5, 2017
    Seeing that 50hz slider maxed out is giving me anxiety...

10. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Florida, USA
    CAPLOCKS
    CAPLOCKS
    CAPLOCKS
    CAPLOCKS

11. My fender jazz bass is loaded with EMG JV52s , my Lakland is loaded with Chi- Sonic pickups, Lakland tells me they are Playing a P90 type pickup . My Lakland is the 3tbs hollow body. my pbass is loaded with SD quarter pounders. And it sounds great with all of them. if I can figure it on my crappy phone or I or junk computer , I will try to make some sound samples

MTN.bass72 likes this.
  12. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nice, I like clean and simple too. My pedal board currently consists of a Boss TU-3...and that's it.

13. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Feedback set to "zero" gives you one repeat. That's the opposite of reverb. For a reverb setting on delay pedal you want a lot of repeats with a short amount of time.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021