1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my review of sadowsky blue lables

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by adube810, Sep 20, 2008.

1. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    so a few months back i went to the shop and got a pack of black label and blue label 45-105 stainless and i first put the black on. i changed the strings yesterday and this is what i have to say.

first. im liking the blue silk wrapping. its cool looking

i get the strings on, resetup my bass for the lower tension in the strings and get it all in tune.

the sound has great low end response. as of lately ive been getting into alot of reggae/dub. these strings are perfect for it. the string really emphasizes "oomph" with every note you play. not zingy but still has a nice high end

also the lower tension is nice, it doesnt really affect my playing and the strings are not clanking around so its pretty darn nice string.

the only thing i can say that i dont like about them is that when im fretting my fingers dont glide against the string. there is some friction between my finger and the string. im sure this is jsut because its a new set and i have to wear them out a little.

all in all a really great string, my ussual string of choice is DR lowriders but the sadowsky blues could make its way to number one for me but only time will tell till the string starts to wear in

my $.02 :cool:

2. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    I just got mine on my new NYC and I love the blue nickels. I did not want the stainless because I thought the nickels would lend to sliding better. Have not noticed any issues yet that you mention.

I bought the 5-string blue nickel set but have not put them on my Fender Custom Shop yet. Gosh darn it - I have been so ill this whole week that i haven't even picked up any of my basses. :crying: