My review: Squier Contemporary Active HH Jazz Bass 4 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HarveyRobertson, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    I played a Squier Contemporary Active V string today and fell in love with it! I had all I could do from grabbing my card and buying it! If it wasn't for the fact I need to find another car I would have :/

2. Frans688

Frans688

Sep 11, 2019
    Mexico
    me too

scottm likes this.
  3. AmentisGod

AmentisGod

Apr 2, 2020
    Surely dude, you dont not buy a guitar based on 1 review. I swapped from playing guitar for 25 years mainly Gibsons, needed a bottom mid price bass and picked this one. Quality was spot on for the price, sound was great and would highly recommend.

gregmon79 likes this.
  4. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I am more than willing to buy a new guitar/bass on a whim than a used one, because in the former case there is almost always a return policy.

5. Bruce Sahroian

Bruce Sahroian

Dec 10, 2016
    Hello;
    I bought the white one with black chrome trim!!. The new pickups are the bomb! Also I don't know if any one else has had this but my bass has sustain for days!!!!! I can play a note and it will just last and last! Thinking about one of those fret wraps to adjust that a bit!

Bruce

gregmon79 likes this.
  6. AmentisGod

AmentisGod

Apr 2, 2020
    Yep, totally get it. Killer bass, and those pick ups are awesome!

7. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    By “new pickups”, do you mean the stock pups or did you put aftermarkets in it?? Just curious.

I think I would’ve picked one of these up a while back/by now. The white one. So cool looking imo. I ended up getting a CIJ Fender Geddy J bass sig (modded a lil ;)) then I got a G&L L2000 Trib and I’m GAS’d out atm. However, when I look at these J basses, I wants!!

And about that action you got goin oh, that’s awesome!! Sounds to me like you simply got one with a good setup and a solid neck. Good stuff!! My last few bass purchases have been like that. Good on you though man! Congrats.

8. Ronnie Thunders

Ronnie Thunders

Oct 21, 2019
    Black is the only color for bass that looks good on a bass and my black bass is the best that's how I can tell it's such a good bass is that it is a black bass and loud and clear and black

9. Bjeff

Bjeff

May 2, 2021
    I have one of these and have no problem with it. Got from sweetwater. It is midnight satin and has a roasted maple neck. It shakes the house when plugged in. You should took that one back. But I think it deserves more credit. Mine is perfect.

10. HarveyRobertson

HarveyRobertson Lowdown Showdown

Apr 3, 2018
    Benton Kentucky
    well I guess some of us have had better luck than others... you want a better review? write one up for your bass.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021