Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My rig has been redone!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I got my new 8 space rack case, Nady bass wireless system, 13 band digital half rack EQ, DBX 266XL comp, and a furman power conditioner. Set it all up today and mounted everything. It's amazing. I can run around the house playing bass! No wires attatched!

2. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    sounds sick... now do you find much of a loss in tone with wireless?

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Not at all.

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Now you can go out front during the gig to see how you sound! Very freeing. Cool beans!

5. What Nady wireless did you get? Ive been looking at getting a Nady MK-2B bass wireless. Even if you didnt get the MK-2b, how does it work good? Anything that you dont like about it?

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I did get the MK-2B and it's amazing for the price. rackmounting it is a bizzzle, but I got the job done with the help of a power drill. The signal is solid and no tone is lost.

7. Awesome...congrats on the new gear! :bassist:

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Wireless won't do me any good whlist schlepping around my upright:)

9. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Not unless you creat a motorized chair with an upright stand. Then you can play it at outrageous volume levels whilst rolling around on the road bassin'!

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I just tested everything to the max. the EQ is a little iffy because it makes my basses onboard EQ and the 3 band sansamp controls totally useless. It also needs to be adjusted correctly or it sounds like ass. Luckily, I've aquired the skills of EQ tweaking. The wireless is also an amazing peice of plastic. The signal is still strong from the other side of the house. It doesn't really kill tone. I mean, it is a tad clearer with a cable, but noticeable, especially at loud volume.

11. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    how heavy is the rack?

12. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Liftable, but the problem is the PV1500, which is about 50 pounds.

13. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    my rack is just a crest ca-6 and a demeter pre, and its still a pain in the ass to haul around. If only i had a roadie, then id opt for an 8 space rack and fill er' up.

14. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Did you have to adjust the mute/squelch at all?

I have the Nady MK-2B as well and am not having as much luck as you apparently are. I'm experiencing an occasional drop-out and/or interference. Not sure if it's the unit, the channel I'm on, or if I need to adjust the squelch.

Also, I left the battery in the pack when I was done using it. Even though I shut it "off", the battery was dead when I went to use it a day or two later. Not sure if that's normal for wireless units or not because this is my first one.

15. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It's all a lie with out pictures. ;)

16. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm thinking of returning the EQ :p. SO, I'll use that for a digital camera