Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My rig is complete ... for the moment ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Boomer, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Boomer

Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Please gaze in awe at Boomer's Bombastic Bass Rig of Boom ... er Doom!

I need a power conditioner but I think this should hold me for a bit!

[​IMG]

Melancon MB-4
    Copley Active 5 string
    Dano Longhorn

Thunderfunk TFB-550
    Aguilar GS210
    Aguilar GS115

I'd like to thank the Academy and the folks that made it possible, Dave and Dave of Thunderfunk and Aguilar respectively. They build cool stuff!

Now. excuse me while I go and really piss off the neighbors!

2. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    thats a great rig. i am jealous.:hyper:

(however, i cant believe you put that danelectro in the same room as that setup.):bag:

I like the FUNK topping things off!

3. Boomer

Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    RE: The Dano

You shouldn't turn up your nose at it. :crying: It's a cheap, funky, fun thing. I'm waiting for parts to do some upgrades (which I almost never to to a guitar, but ...) some Kent Armstrong replacement pickups, an adjustable bridge and some new pots. It's not a bad travel bass.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Just be careful with the strap! I had one slip once, and instead of breaking the neck, the body extension, complete with the neck bolts, broke off with the neck! I completely agree about how fun they are, though. I'd love to pick up another, or even get that broken one back some day!

5. funk-o-liscious.

i like.

6. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    YOu have a very nice rig, congrats. I love the look of those Dano's, they are funky. I am still gassing for a Jerry Jones Longhorn, maybe someday. I have a question, is that the Peterson Strobostomp pedal? If so what are your impressions, and can you see it in the dark? I am looking to get my rack down to 4 spaces so that I stay ultra portable.

7. Boomer

Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Thanks!

I have a need for a JJ Longhorn too but my budget is pretty much shot for the moment. I traded a Dano shorthorn guitar for the Longhorn. Easy decision.

As far as the Strobostomp, I really haven't used it in full on darkness, but the display is certainly bright enough that I can't see it being a problem in any lighting conditions.