Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My rig is complete (hopefully)!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Dec 15, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Now that I've recieved my Genz Benz GBE400 and I have my Warwick Pro 410 cab, I think its safe to say that i won't be making any big purchases any time soon. This setup sounds so friggin sweet! The tone is great! The head is so versatile and the cab responds beautifully. Not to mention, my bass accents the rig nicely. ;)

So, here's some pics. I already had a jazz band concert at my school with it. I went from the standard jazz tone to slap tone for my solo with a push of a button! It was great! I am really diggin this thing!

sorry for the picture quality... my phone doesn't take very good pictures at night.

Attached Files:

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
  3. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I looove the sound of Genz Benz heads. Like a glorified version of GK.

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    ohhhh yes. With much more versatility (imo).

5. jgrotto

jgrotto

Nov 29, 2005
    Boston
    I say the exact same thing for exactly three weeks after every big purchase. Then I start trolling around on eBay... I'll always be broke. :crying:

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Bass rigs are NEVER complete. Gas will get the best of you eventually. The sooner you accept your destiny into the dark side, the better off you will be. There is always something else on the horizon that you will strive for, regardless if it is "better" or not.

That being said . . . enjoy your rig! :bassist:

7. Congrats on the purchase. THe GBE400 are great (especially for the price here), I tried one in a store and it destroyed every other amp they had in a similar price range in terms of tone.

8. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah, i'm loving it. Im sure you all are right about the future gas...

I tried some guys rig the other day and it had wireless!

:scowl:

stupid christmas... taking all my money...

9. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    That's awesome. Glad you like it.

You did forget to mention though, that it's one of the best looking amps out there! The chrome-on-silver-on-chrome is beautiful.

Oh, and you aren't done. Genz-Benz amps go down to two ohms. ;) I've got a 2x10 and 1x15 and feel like I would be done with any other amp, but my Genz-Benz is just asking for a third "big" cab.