Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Rig is Finally Complete

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sargebaker, Jan 18, 2006.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Well after much being on the fence and confusion about my cab I've finally made a decision. I sent out the payment for the used EA CXL-112 at Club Bass this morning. so here it is:

Little Mark II head
    EA CXL-112

Review coming when I actually get the cab in my house.

2. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Hooray!!!

It was a struggle but you've finally found your stuff. And at wicked prices too I hear.

3. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    The cab arrived today! WOW! what a setup. The sound is so clean and crisp with just the EQ's flat. The LMKII head is great and really versatile! The cab weighs nothing, and you could never be able to tell it's used. One thing I'm not sure abour is the dial on the back of the cab that says "High" and has a bunch of red lines... Does anyone know what this does?

4. It's for the "highs". Tweeter control. My Vl210 has one for mid and high.

By the way, congrats on the new cab! I'm teedering between adding a CXL112 to my Vl-210, or going for a 410.

5. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    That is your horn level control.
    It is very powerful and I would not turn it past a quarter.
    Hope you enjoy your setup..

6. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Yep, the "high" knob is a tweeter attenuator. I usually just leave mine at noon. Nice cab. Noticed how prominent the harmonics are on it yet? Freakin' clarity out the whazooo. Haven't gotten my grubby mitts on one of those Little Mark heads.

Congrats...

7. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    I hit a harmonic on accident on the 4th fret and it rang SO clear. it's brilliant! I thought it was lacking in the highs a bit, the dial was at 7-8h00. sounds GREAT! so darn clear.