Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MY RIG IS HERE!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Man this thing rules. So loud, and sounds awsome. I got a great deal on it too!
    Hartke HA3500 ( $460 with speaker cable)
    SWR Goliath II Jr. 2x10 (8 ohm) ($275)
    I plan on getting an avatar 1x12 once it comes out, so i will have nothing but articulate punchy sound. I might even consider getting a cross over and sending all the lows to the 12 :)
    (quad, keep me updated when that thing comes out!)

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'll let you know..... Glad to hear about the new rig!! Enjoy it!

3. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    Dean
    Do you get as much low end out of the 2 X 10 as you would from a 1 X15.
    I'm thinking of getting a Peavey 2 X 10 to save weight instead of their 15 Cab but I'm worried about loosing bottom end.
    Any comments?

4. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    im actually quite suprised at the low end on this cab. It respects a Low b, and i play a four string. This thing rattles everything in a 30 ft. enclosed area. As for the 15, you will get plenty of lows, but the highs will roll quick. I like the swr 210 because of:
    Small, portable
    Plenty of highs
    Very good lows
    Attenuator
    Rear ports.
    Strange thing really, i was asking myself the same thing. The guy I bought it from had a Gauss 2x12
    Plenty of low end, but the tone was a bit muddy, and it got very stressed on the G. The 210 clearly beat it. Im not sure about peavey 210s, but heres some tips, find a 210 that has eminece kappas, and has two rear ports. I find this type of set give plenty of lows. Buy the way, i use my hartke 3500 with the lows set on 3, and eq the lows flat, but i do boost the 36k band up a little.

5. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    Dean
    Thanks for the info. I saw a Hartke 2000 head for sale in a local shop. It was £299 and second -hand. How would you rate it as an amp and any probs that might be there as it's S/H

6. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Love the amp. The 200 is great (the 350 is awsome)
    200watts is good, but that leaves you no headroom. With the 350, you have 150 watts extra headroom. The sound is great, and you can really shape your tone with them, also lots of punch. the 200 and the 350 are pretty much the same thing, but the 350 has a direct out and has lights and its a hell lot more powerful. But it all depends on what size gigs you play. i play big crowds, and most of the big gigs i use my 210 and head and go direct into our pa.

7. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    We usually play in club or hall settings and up to 100 people. The band is keyboard/drums/vocal/sax and bass.

8. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Nice Rig!!!

Hartke ha3500's rule! I lOVE mine. I think they put out a little more than what they say they do, because my band played the talent show at school, in a pretty good sized auditorium, im guessing 500 seats, and my amp was on like a bit above 2 and I was clearly heard. I wouldnt trade it for an Eden or SWR.. Good choice!

9. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Ya, they tend to push out alot of sound you wouldn't expect to hear from such a small package