1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My rig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Vosk, Mar 25, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

What do you think? About the order of effects?

Ok, so what if I don't exactly own it YET...

2. funk_dat_jazz

funk_dat_jazz

Mar 10, 2006
    that is true beuty

3. mine used to look like that...until i took all the modulation out...just got compression, distortions, and wahs now...if it works for u, then awesome!

p.s.-sorry i couldnt get those other clips up...as i said b4 i am using the microphone on my laptop and the way its picking everything up, its not sounding the way i'd like to portray it (all the different configurations of distortion and clean)

4. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Hey Mailman.

It's nice, very expensive, but nice. I don't know that you need 2 8x10s but whatever floats your boat and as long as you have the money and the transportation to haul such an enormous rig... I guess go for it?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks good, but I'm sorry, the 300 pixels on the right just don't belong in this forum :p

6. I don't have the money or the transportation. The amps are just in there for fun mainly. I'm looking for feedback on the signal chain etc.

I'm looking to get a Peavey setup like this, should cost about $10,000 less :p

[​IMG]

7. Ah ok thanks. If you ever get it done, that would be great!

8. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    About the Digitech Whammy, they used to make a bass one? It was blue, but it's kind of rare to come by. I don't know how much of an improvement it is over the guitar version, but I've always wanted to try one.

Some of the items seem redundant, but whatever.
    And again, I know you aren't serious about the heads, but you only really need one. If you needed more you could just buy a poweramp to power the second cab.

9. that looks like a very good signal chain, i agree with everyone else with the cabs, but like you said, thats not the point!
    otherwise, cool setup!

10. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    What exactly does the custom switcher do? Couldn't you just get a blender and blend both channels into one amp?

I guess I don't understand why you need two sets of amps/cabs.

11. Switcher is basically switching between A (clean channel) and A+B (Clean and distorted).

But yeah I could get a blender, but imo this doesn't work as well.

12. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Looks pretty good to me. The only thing I'd change is to put the delay at the very end of the chain, so you don't get your previous signals all effected again. Just my two cents :)

-Dash

13. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Fair enough. Sound is a very personal thing. I have to admit that having two amps has some appeal :bassist:

So the switcher would need to attenuate the signal when going from A to A+B?

14. Yeah, but then my clean signal won't get effected - I would have to have 2 delay pedals.

I'm not sure I understand, but I want the signal power to A to be constant.

By the way, a more likely amp setup for me is something like:
    400w or more head (prefereably tube, or at least tube pre) with a blender into a single 4x10 or a 6x10.

That's at least until my multiple-platinum album comes out :smug:

15. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Lemon fuzz !!! finally someone discovered the power of this liddul thing! :hyper: :bassist: :smug:

16. [​IMG]

I present the uberstreamlined version.

17. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Vosk, seeing you want to split up your signal for wet/dry, why dont you get a A/B/Y looper, and a DOD mini mixer? :)

I know you are able to EQ your overdrive sound when running the signal into an amp, but wouldn't an EQ pedal do it for you?

18. Yeah I haven't really looked into "blending" the signals as yet, but I will. Thanks.

19. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    looks expensive

20. The amps are, but the effects are relatively cheap. The pricing is in Australian Dollars, btw.

http://www.music123.com/DOD-AC240-i62638.music

This is the kind of mixer you were talking about?