Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My roommate got GTA:San Andreas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I played some of it today.

Now I've moved all of my things out of the dorm room and set up in my friends room, as now it is a choice between playing GTA and graduating college. But I played enough to have a few impressions.

-Lots more RPG elements: You have STATS now, muscle, fat, sex appeal etc. I love RPGs, so I like it, however I feel that some people (the essential drive-around-killing-cops-and-hookers demographic) may not want to get as deeply involved. But I think it adds to the game.
    -Tons of customization, clothes, hair, everything! I can't tell you how much fun it is running around the virtual ghetto with no pants on!
    -Overwhelming, though only a small section is open to me now, it's huge. The topography is more diverse, which was something I missed in Vice City. I plan on having the entire tri-city area memorized by the end of the year, as usual.
    -Lots of violence, don't even think about getting this for your 13 year old cousin, unless you want his parents to hate you. Get it for yourself instead.

That's all, keep in mind I only played it for an hour, so I don't have much depth, these are just my first impressions.

edit: Also, aiming and fighting are much more intuitive. The control's tighter, so you no longer have that crazy floatiness feeling like in VC. Lighting still takes a little getting used to.

2. i will be buyin this tommorow. thanks

3. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Me too!

The only thing is, is that I can't play it till the weekend because I have a fatty test on friday, and going to a concert on thursday. I read on IGN thats it is so much more improved than any other GTA. I CANT WAIT! MY LIFE WILL BE RUINED FOR MONTHS! YAY! :D

4. Let me put it to you like this: I've not left the house in the last 20 hours!

5. is the soundtrack as good as vice city?...who's some of the artists on this one?

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I got it yesterday. OMG. I love this game. Sooooo amazing. Well worth being broke till Thanksgiving over (gotta love college).

The soundtrack is really good. Some of the artists/songs:

Public Enemy - Rebel Without a Pause
    NWA - Alwayz Into Somethin' and Express Yourself
    2 Pac - I Don't Give a #@&!
    Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man
    Kool and the Gang - Hollywood Swingin'
    Rick James - Cold Blooded
    The Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets
    Willie Nelson - Crazy
    CCR - Green River
    Tom Petty - Running Down a Dream
    FREE BIRD!!! lol
    The Who - Eminence Front
    Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
    Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
    RATM - Killing in the Name Of
    STP - Plush

That's just a sample of what's on there. It's a really big selection. And there's always the talk radio station (the best part of any GTA radio).

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Sounds awesome. I've been hooked on Fable, HALO 2 (oops, you don't know that), Star Wars and UT lately, just what I need, to add another game to the list to take away from studying time.

Ray

8. I want that game ! :bawl: Hopefully i'll get my copy on friday :hyper:

9. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm buying this after I get paid on Friday. Boo ya!

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    When does it land on PC?

11. odie

odie Supporting Member

ditto!! I think Jan 05? :confused:

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'ma kill Rockstar.

13. i prefer most games on consoles anyway..that way they dont jump or get skippy

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Philistine.

15. cmon.....FFX couldnt of been any better..as for Vice city.it was much easier with a PS2 controller than a keyboard...same with splinter cell

16. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Yeah, I am waiting on it for the PC as well. However, only about 3 weeks to Half Life 2.

17. looks like itll be a year or so before pc version is out

18. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    what about xbox?

I've worn the vice city CD out & I need my next GTA fix.

19. You're kidding, shaky auto aim on ps2=meh , precision mouse aim on pc=I am teh death incarnate :p Add AA+AF and higher res, much better overall on pc IMO.

Sorry, just had a flashback to my gameforum "l337" speak days, lol. :bag:

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's probably my biggest gripe about console versions. The analog stick (or d-pad) aiming drives me nuts.